What will happen to this forum after Lightwave departure from NewTek?

ah...
bcwLfNX.gif

i beat you in messages tho'
2TMv2Ms.gif
bcwLfNX.gif

...quite sad i must say, leaving this all behind, in some ways.

lwBusMessage-so-long-x2.png

ah...
bcwLfNX.gif

i beat you in messages tho'
2TMv2Ms.gif
bcwLfNX.gif

...quite sad i must say, leaving this all behind, in some ways.

View attachment 156209

Bummer, you can´t win them all, me ..
Joined Aug 27, 2003

So you are the Gretzky of most post, you beat that second place dude only by 3135 posts.
To bad I may not catch up with you with my posts...at only 23,995

I beat you on the highest reaction score though. (1,076)
with 176 points.

It´s a tie between you and me for highest points though (113), but I had like 3135 post lesser to reach those points :)

It´s been a pleasure my old Friend..🙏
Live long and suffer.🖖
Or finally..we may get a life :)

Last edited:
I hope whatever new forum we get elsewhere, looks exactly like this forum. The design. Buttons. Layout, everything!

But if that's not possible. Please don't make it look like a reddit forum or discord, those things are a mess. Totally disorganized. I personally find them to be extremely visually annoying and hard to navigate, and I rarely go there.

Will we get some kind of notification/redirection to a new/updated forum with the same user base....?
I don't do ANY social media, so wouldn't want to lose all these great and friendly users.... ;)

will the "edit" function still be functional down the line ?
( to edit links and such )
Seems reasonable, will consider this ...

It´s been a pleasure to have had you as a moderator, job well done.
Don´t forget to sign up on new Lightwave forums, when you feel the 3D finger itching, then we might meet again...
It has been a pleasure, despite an occasional bumpy part of the road. I tried to handle the privilege in such as way as to let people express any view on any appropriate topic. To the extent possible, I tried to enforce just one rule - no personal attacks. And I think that served us all well.

@SBowie Thanks for all the fish!
As Marvin related, "I think I feel good about it."

Will we get some kind of notification/redirection to a new/updated forum with the same user base....?
I don't do ANY social media, so wouldn't want to lose all these great and friendly users.... ;)
I really hope there is a new forum along the lines of this one. I agree, I'm about as likely to adopt Discord as to stick my face into a spinning propeller.

If this eventually comes about, I'll certainly post a link somewhere.

Seems reasonable, will consider this ...

It has been a pleasure, despite an occasional bumpy part of the road. I tried to handle the privilege in such as way as to let people express any view on any appropriate topic. To the extent possible, I tried to enforce just one rule - no personal attacks. And I think that served us all well.

As Marvin related, "I think I feel good about it."
we are only humans..and with that a lot of faults and imperfections..from time to time..and its easy to see why you at times may have had enough..it's fully understandable and acceptable.

Back