Tutorials

thanks mate - take your time..

Just thinking - DPKit' part move can act like a gravity (instead of using bullet's gravity) and then other rigid bodies - can interact with it.. Dont know i ll try it..

Hey People, I leave the crack stuff with you...It just doesn't work, so I'm not bothering (3Dmax, rayfire works...only the bits that need to move do, the others stay put)

After I make the celshade tute, I'm going to venture into camera tracking using Voodoo, which is a free camera tracking app (like syntheyes boujou etc)...show the tracking, exporting, lightwave setup, render and composite.

In the mean time here's a Trex Genoma rig preset you can play with.
View attachment 125440
View attachment 125441

Attachments

• Trex.lwo
    18.3 KB · Views: 576
  • Trex-Rig.jpg
    Trex-Rig.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 527

This is a quick test I made a couple of days ago, it's by no means perfect, and needs much more work when I have time. Once I've done that and generally made the scene more comprehensible, I'll release it but basically, it uses a deformed collision object under the main mesh to set a pre-roll rest position, (you can see this in the first few frames), before the anti-glue null does it's work:

That looks great Pinkmouse, i did one ages ago before we had bullet using smartmorph, it was just for a submarine rising up through an ice sheet.

Hey People, I leave the crack stuff with you...It just doesn't work, so I'm not bothering (3Dmax, rayfire works...only the bits that need to move do, the others stay put)

I KNEW it . I spent days days! it just does not work! Unless we have - gradually activating gravity - this is a hard taks.

THanks IVAN for trying it!.. waiting others

Hey Mike, Here's an example of faking the shift camera...I used compositing buffer exports depth pass and I set the distance to 70m in the options (which covers the whole scene)
View attachment 124652

Here's the results of the shift cam....I selected the shift camera..in the options I chose an object that was in the middle of the scene...you could use a null...then I went into the depth of field properties of the camera and set the "Lens F-Stop" to 0.05 and used 40 samples (you can still see that grain in the blur..and thats with simple boxes...blur is expensive imo)

Here's the shift cam results.
View attachment 124653

can't beat instanced boxes :) . shift-cam causes myself issues generally I fake in PS

After I make the celshade tute, I'm going to venture into camera tracking using Voodoo, which is a free camera tracking app (like syntheyes boujou etc)...show the tracking, exporting, lightwave setup, render and composite.

In the mean time here's a Trex Genoma rig preset you can play with.
View attachment 125440
View attachment 125441

nice , mind if I reference that on preset library , also is there a model that goes with the lwo or is it just the rig preset ?

Tyrot, I'm not saying it cant be done for sure, its just that I have tried everything and I cant get it to work...bullet really needs to be worked on to give us the ability to lock down parts until they are effected..I would really love for that to happen!!! then bullet would be complete in lightwave, its just missing that function, which makes it useless to create realistic destruction, cos everything MOVES with the tiniest touch...there shouldn't have to be any settling and wobbling....its probably easier said then done.

OnlineRender...go here http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?144340-Genoma-Rig-T-Rex-Dinosaur and download the complete Trext with the rig embedded, however there are no textures...The trex is available from the LW 11 content...the rig I posted here is just the rig preset no mesh....not sure what you mean by "reference that on preset library" but you can do what you like with it....If by chance you become rich and famous from it, dont forget me LOL!!!!! :)

I think using a null reference and glue release might be the wrong aproach, they will be too twitchy at start, why not use kinematic object instead?

gravity gradient, nope..the only way to get it to stay out of action is until the very object has it´s last key set, so the gravity will not start until it´s last key.

Update...meh, of course kinematic object will apply to much of collision impact force that pushes ground pieces to much, so maybe not.

I noticed that gravity gradient set to multiply and a reference object indeed work, but I haven´t got it to work decently enough with other stuff.

you could use a gradient set to distance to object in the density tab too, so the cracks start only when the reference object is coming in, but it will not behave correctly with gravity at all it seems right now.

I tried this before with some fractals and some mystery negative values on some channel with interesting effect, not sure if it was a negative 1 glue value or something...have to check back.

Michael

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
.bullet really needs to be worked on to give us the ability to lock down parts until they are effected..I would really love for that to happen!!! then bullet would be complete in lightwave, its just missing that function, which makes it useless to create realistic destruction, cos everything MOVES with the tiniest touch...there shouldn't have to be any settling and wobbling....its probably easier said then done.
[/QUOTE]

features are in chronosculpt:D

unfortunatly that is something I wanted and many else wanted inside of the layout and working with the scene and rest of the stuff, inside of lighwave itself, and not as a seperate module software.
I just hope chronosculpt might add some more income for the team, but then again if it stays as it is..it might just be that dynamics inside of lightwave will remain crippled.

I did get some gravity going on, while simply setting the density of the cracks to 0%, and using a ref oject in the density channel, if I had the gravity set to normal 9.8 ...there would be very little effect of the pieces going down..resulting in pieces just floating still in air, I then overide than normal gravity and boosted it to -200, and the pieces starts to fall down, but not until the reference object arrives...so there might be workarounds, I however just made this to quickly when I fractured the object, and it would still need crumple collaps, right now it just breaks and collapses without that proper effect.
not sure if I am up to continue with the project though, depends on how many obstacles will show up during the process.:D

here was my first stab at it, though I basicly just did a fast fracture without actually preparing it properly to crack more naturally.
and the dynamics are pretty much wrong since one would like to have the ground just sink collapse and not just fracture and fall down all together.
the fracture collaps is using a reference object and gradient set to that in the glue channel to release the glue, also used the same ref object with gradient set to distance to object in density channel, that means
there is no weight in the pieces until the ref object passes by, and thus the gravity isn´t affecting them until then.

If I got the time ..And feel for it, I might work on getting it look as a proper "sink"crumple collaps...if it is possible? probably after some testing and testing and testing x 10 or 20 times.

Michael

michael it looks REALLY cool...!

huh ..for a simple first mockup, ok..then it might be worth to work on some more then :) good to know.

Will have to spend some time to prepare the cracks in some various version in better ways and test different fracture options...I think that will be the basis of getting a good lookin simulation in the end.
Might need different fracture passes, that is making fractures in different steps, a lot´s of finer cracks in higher res for the main crack fracture structure that will be quite thin, a different crack size and structure for areas beyond that.

Meanwhile ..this might be some good referencing..some behind the scenes shots....

Looking good Michael. I was going down the same route with density attached to a null, but you published first, so you get the credit! :)

I've also been getting interesting results by modifying gravity as well, I'll post something in the next day or so.

edit: That movie was my inspiration as well :D

Back