Rebel Hill still around?

mlogan

Hi,
I recently purchased Rebel Hill's LW2018 rendering tutorials, but I'm not getting any download links or email replies from him.
Does anyone know if Craig is still around, or has he gone missing?
regards
Mike

I've seen this question pop up on the forums for the last few weeks or so. No one seems to know for sure what happened to him.

That sounds about right. I know he surfaced very briefly. My theory is he's taking advantage of down-time & re-working RHiggit for 2020. Absolutely no proof of that but why not hope, ya know?

Thank you for the replies. I'll wait a week. Maybe he will pop his head up. Otherwise I will go for a Paypal refund. But really what I want is to watch the videos :(
You really don't know in the time of Covid-19 if someone might be sick, or what. Strange times.
regards
Mike

Thank you for the replies. I'll wait a week. Maybe he will pop his head up. Otherwise I will go for a Paypal refund. But really what I want is to watch the videos :(
You really don't know in the time of Covid-19 if someone might be sick, or what. Strange times.
regards
Mike

He was in the hospital for a good period of time before so it would not surprise me if that is the case again this time whatever it might be.

His set up for buying his products is, unfortunately not automated. So you can't just pay, and start downloading. He has to approve it and send links. It usually takes a bit of time before he gets around to it, in the best of times. Hopefully he is no longer ill. In any case give it some time. I have yet to hear of him not coming through in the end.

I purchased RH's Lighting and Rendering tutorial on 09 July 20. No links were provided. After waiting for 5 days I have requested a refund via paypal. I was so looking forward.

That sucks.  
Q3dxkGq.gif

I contacted someone in his family some time back, he seemed to be doing alright.
But looks like he abandoned 3D, and this forum.
You probably won't be seeing more plugins or tutorials from him any time soon.
Shame it is all gone, but i'll raise the glass, for he did some amazing stuff.
b57bkvo.gif

Yes, quite loss on a number of fronts.

I do have to consider though that the events & timing of the changes to LW, a progressive breaking of his plugs with '19 then '20, to NOT be insignificant factors.

He may not be the one that took the web site offline. He was running old software on his site. It may have been hacked and it may have been too much trouble to restore it. We've seen this with Pictrix.

I contacted someone in his family some time back, he seemed to be doing alright.
But looks like he abandoned 3D, and this forum.
You probably won't be seeing more plugins or tutorials from him any time soon.
Shame it is all gone, but i'll raise the glass, for he did some amazing stuff.
b57bkvo.gif
Was this after he seemed to have mysteriously vanished and stopped fulfilling orders on his website for people who had already paid? I thought the guy probably died because of his strange sudden disappearance. It really didn't make much sense not to at the very least maintain his website to continue selling what he already had for a bit longer.

A shame for sure, invaluable resource.
Just hope that it wasn´t the current status of Lightwave that had something to do with it, like rat´s leaving a sinking ship, it would kind of give a bad ripple effect if that was the case, but perhaps something completely different.

His health and own agenda is the most important of course, perhaps 3D or what he did just wasn´t compelling anymore?

A shame for sure, invaluable resource.
Just hope that it wasn´t the current status of Lightwave that had something to do with it, like rat´s leaving a sinking ship, it would kind of give a bad ripple effect if that was the case, but perhaps something completely different.

His health and own agenda is the most important of course, perhaps 3D or what he did just wasn´t compelling anymore?
He disappeared long before the Lightwave dev team was disbanded. That's why I thought the guy probably passed away unexpectedly.

Back