OD UberPass

Hey Marcus,
Just to be clear, I meant that Oliver's made a Scene Preset tool; this is what it sounds like you want.

Just making sure you know the options might already be available or reminding myself of the capability. :)
A lot of software purchased lately and trying to see if it can all work together with a minimum of crashes. UberPasses is offering a challenge: how to incorporate everything while finding out what's not gonna work nice.
Colorida is being odd in this system, for example. More work to really know the problem.

These tools will give you what you seek, I bet.
Robert
Hi Robert !

Scene Presets are a part of it for sure.
It is great that we can create presets for scene render buffers within Lightwave.
That is a huge help.

When I have to crank out lots of scenes with nearly the same setup this is about project management and render consistancy.
Obviously I always need a BG layer and some FG layers for compositing.
It is about a combination of a render pass and buffer settings.
Sure - I can manually switch off parts of the scene and apply a buffer preset but I was hoping for a tool taking care of that also from scene to scene.
Defining BG, FG parts and assigning a specific render setting.

Regards,

Marcus

Hey Marcus,
Just to be clear, I meant that Oliver's made a Scene Preset tool; this is what it sounds like you want.

These tools will give you what you seek, I bet.
Robert

Ah !
Thanks Robert !
OD Scene Presets !
Good hint !
To be honest I did not manage to check all the great stuff in the OD Tool Box yet ...
So much to explore !

Thanks for the reminder !!!

Regards,

Marcus

Congrats Oliver ... and the LW dev team.
This looks UberPowerful and UberUseful :D
Yet another thing to eat into my next pay cheque.

Hi Oliver,
I think I've got a grip on what's going on with Colorida and UberPass.
UberPass causes Colrida to copy the current settings in the list. I am unsure, though, whether it is using the initial list or the current, copied ad nauseum, list. The latter, if true, is causing a lot of copies thus the instability in LW.
Image attached:
View attachment 141605
I'll share this with Mambo, too.
Robert

Attachments

• crazyCopying.png
    crazyCopying.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 260
I think it should... (unless it absolutely cant).. but I dont see why this wouldnt work (i also might not understand how it works).. i'll download the demo, but it probably wont help me much.

I might just have to get a license of colorida to see whats going on.

Just saw this. If it will help, every time you copy a cloner in Colorida the copy function in the handler gets called, and creates a new instance of that cloner. Using the handler copy function is a Lightwave convention (if I am wrong, please let me know).

Maybe I will put a check box in the future, to make this an option.

Oliver,

Does UberPass provide any support for driving arbitrary scene "parameters" using random, run-time-generated values?

For example, say I wanted to generate 100 (or more likely, 1000) renders of a character with random mix of those with fur enabled and those without (ideally also varying fur length). Would I be able to set ffx enable and/or fur length parameters to be driven by arbitrary parameters (random on/off for enable, random range for length) and then generate however many output scenes as I wanted?

Along same lines, being able to provide random driver parameter I could use to drive application of morphs and/or joints as well would also be useful. I can do it within the scene using expressions or lscript independent of UberPass, but having ability to drive off an UberPass-supplied parameter would be more convenient than having to implement separate, indepedent system to random-drive morphs/joints.

No worries if not, just an odd scenario I'm dealing with so figured I'd ask.

Last edited:
Hi, no it doesnt provide for this, however, thats quite easy to do, but out of what uberpass was/is supposed to do.

Primarily Max here. Uberpass + OD Tools + LW 2018 is changing that. OD Workspaces + configuration manager is also a major productivity boost.

trying to use uberpass but struggling with it a bit. How can I propagate changes in the master scene to the break out passes ?
I need to change some things in all the passes I created. For surfaces I managed to do it by just deleting all the .node files and .srflib in the passes folders.

Back