OD UberPass

Oliver, Hello...
I keep buying your 'tools' and this one is outstanding!! I had just been involved in an animation project, and was trying to maintain three(3) separate files, with the same animation, but different render and surface settings. Consistently had "User" errors, in which a render did not come out like I had thought, and this seems to make that 'nightmare' just go away. Thank you immensely. I am only using the simplest of pass management tasks, but it immediately makes these ideas more possible. Wonderful.

Is it possible to have a model in a scene that uses different materials per state?
Like a ball.lwo that embeds different materials per state without having to save it to hdd to ball_glass.lwo, ball_stone.lwo, etc.
Essentially the mesh is the same but the materials get changed per scene state.

Is it possible to have a model in a scene that uses different materials per state?
Like a ball.lwo that embeds different materials per state without having to save it to hdd to ball_glass.lwo, ball_stone.lwo, etc.
Essentially the mesh is the same but the materials get changed per scene state.

of course... did you watch the video?

When you are all done... and actually want to render the different states... you select all the states, and i'll crate the scene/objects specific for those... you can either keep those (they'll be in separate folders), or remove them after... ad your original objects/scene never get touched or changed (unless you manually save it).... so the "breakout passes", you really only ever need when rendering via lwsn for example. They are not used at all during the actual "working on the scene"

Hope that clears it up.

w
o
w

To change states, while an animation is running, is jaw-dropping.

Kudos, Oliver! LWG - Keep up the awesome work.
Robert

Hi everyone.

I proudly present OD_UberPass to you (not part of ODTools).

https://vimeo.com/album/4335852/video/267476272

Enjoy !

Hi Oliver !

Über_Pass is ''more or less'' a LW ''Total Recall'' system if I grasp the concept correctly . . . ;-)

So.
Can I combine these different recorded states (passes) with buffer settings for rendering ?

For example a BG or starpro plug-in rendering as a plain 16bit TIFF RGBA sequence for example as one set (pass)
and a group of objects as layered OpenEXR files (depth, motion vectors, object ID, RGBA...) without BG /or starpro plug-in as another set ?!?
Scene /Buffers -Outputs ... I guess
EXR Trader possible ?

And (a pass as) kind of general switch for DOF /motion blur for reference test renderings of a single frame output...
Segment Pass Mode for Camera /DOF /Motion Blur (or Quick Set) ?

Last question:
Since the passes are stored independent of LW scene files they could be used on multiple scenes with similar setups and different animations ?
Same objects and animated cameras, lights, objects . . . (Segment Mode again)

Okay.
I must decide next week to meet the deadline for the attractive special introductory price on Über_Pass :)

Thanks for the universal approach !!!

Regards,

Marcus

Hi Oliver !

Über_Pass is ''more or less'' a LW ''Total Recall'' system if I grasp the concept correctly . . . ;-)

So.
Can I combine these different recorded states (passes) with buffer settings for rendering ?

For example a BG or starpro plug-in rendering as a plain 16bit TIFF RGBA sequence for example as one set (pass)
and a group of objects as layered OpenEXR files (depth, motion vectors, object ID, RGBA...) without BG /or starpro plug-in as another set ?!?
Scene /Buffers -Outputs ... I guess
EXR Trader possible ?

And (a pass as) kind of general switch for DOF /motion blur for reference test renderings of a single frame output...
Segment Pass Mode for Camera /DOF /Motion Blur (or Quick Set) ?

Yes.. all possible

Last question:
Since the passes are stored independent of LW scene files they could be used on multiple scenes with similar setups and different animations ?

they are not independent of lw scene files... they are scene file specific.. the pass folder belongs to the scene. you could manually do what you are asking for, but you'd have to copy files manually, and automating that is not something on my radar currently.

mch:
Last question:

Oliver:
they are not independent of lw scene files... they are scene file specific.. the pass folder belongs to the scene. you could manually do what you are asking for, but you'd have to copy files manually, and automating that is not something on my radar currently.

Hi Oliver !

Thanks for the fast reply !

I see.
With a template scene and save scene as this this should work or does the pass folder have to be unique and not shared ?

With lots of similar scenes passes and buffers should be consistant.
I thought that is the idea of Pass Management. Not only within a single scene.
Like Render Presets for Passes or Buffers or another OD Tool for that ?!? ;-)

Regards,

Marcus

The idea of this tool is to "version" everything in your scene. The pass folder should be unique to the scene. However, lets say you had a scene setup with uberpass, and had all the "passes" as you wanted... and now, you had another scene, with the same objects (important) and wanted to load the passes from that previous scene. You could actually point the uberpass folder for this new scene to the OLD folder, and, selectively) via the segments option, restore what you want from the other "setups" passes (so that you wouldnt for example overwrite animations, etc) - again.. overall scene states are saved.

You can not apply the pass settings to a completely different scene. Thats not what it was designed to do, and for "render settings, or buffers", you already have built in LW Presets. I would suggest the better way to work though, would be to just have your scene, and produce all your different scenes within that scene as "passes". I know the plugin is called "uberpass", but maybe dont take the pass to literal, its really so much more than that and not JUST that.

hope that answers your question.

Is there a bundle option to get ToolSet and UberPass?

Sorry, no. I might do a "bundle" after the sale price is over, so that people dont have to do multiple transactions, but, the pricing will be the same as if you were to buy them individually.

Scene presets it sounds like you mean.

Hi Robert !

Scene Presets are a part of it for sure.
It is great that we can create presets for scene render buffers within Lightwave.
That is a huge help.

When I have to crank out lots of scenes with nearly the same setup this is about project management and render consistancy.
Obviously I always need a BG layer and some FG layers for compositing.
It is about a combination of a render pass and buffer settings.
Sure - I can manually switch off parts of the scene and apply a buffer preset but I was hoping for a tool taking care of that also from scene to scene.
Defining BG, FG parts and assigning a specific render setting.

Regards,

Marcus

Back