Note from Andrew Bishop on Changes to the LightWave Digital Sales Page

Without commenting on any particular detail or viewpoint, this whole thread (and many like it, historically) remind me of a proverb I heard somewhere once. It goes like this:

It seems that there are always those able to find fault with every detail of any and every thing. A certain amount of caveat emptor is only reasonable; where it starts to turn sour to me is when we ascribe devious motives to people.

I'm sure it's useful for both readers and the new company to be given some insight into how their decisions are being perceived, but everything is not a grand conspiracy or scam. Sometimes people make mistakes (especially me!). Sometimes they pick an approach that seems 'good enough to be getting on with' rather than spending weeks trying to come up with the very best thing ever.
Ad nauseum. Worst nit pickers in the galaxy (as far as I know). Watched too much Glum in the cartoons.

I mean you're supporting a tool you want to see get better... which is why I funded it.
They're still bound to make mistakes, this is all new territory and a huge undertaking, but I trust Andy and Elmar. They will try their very best I'm sure of it.
Supporting LW's future is why I ponied up for a personal license. And I am happy to give them the benefit of the doubt and some grace. TBH I was really enjoying learning Blender and while I'm happy that LW got acquired part of me wanted to just move on to Blender. :) But with this new life I think we need to give them a chance and see what develops in the next few years. I do think LW can be great again, it's pretty good as it is, so lets see what this new blood can do.

Supporting LW's future is why I ponied up for a personal license. And I am happy to give them the benefit of the doubt and some grace. TBH I was really enjoying learning Blender and while I'm happy that LW got acquired part of me wanted to just move on to Blender. :) But with this new life I think we need to give them a chance and see what develops in the next few years. I do think LW can be great again, it's pretty good as it is, so lets see what this new blood can do.
Yep, exactly all of this. I use Blender too, I used it for sculpting a few months back, but reimported the sculpts back to LightWave... Because i know what I'm doing in there.
I use lots of tools, but I'd also like to see LightWave succeed, and the only way you can personally make a difference is by supporting their efforts.
New team, new way or working, and renewed enthusiasm, I'm sure they can do some cool stuff.

Back