North West Uk Lightwave Groups

Guys, just checking... we still on for this Friday?

Confirming before booking tickets. And have we a definite meeting area, pub?

Meet at gamecity.org on Carlton Street, Nottingham. For anyone driving there's an NCP around the corner on King's Place, a 2 minute walk. The venue has WIFI if anyone wants it - not sure if they serve beer, but I know they do cheap food and drink.

Kev's PM'd me - I offered to drive us both in from mine, but it looks like he may be a bit later than I'd hoped to get in - you couldn't leave too late could you? What time were you thinking of getting there?

I'm easy Duncan. I was thinking of setting of around 3 ish (client's permitting) and getting there for about 5. My last train is 9.15

but it looks like he may be a bit later than I'd hoped to get in

Hi - Yep got your message, thanks - I think I'll take Half day off and try to get to you in good time.

I'll confirm later in week, but should be able to make it to your place.

Looking forward to meeting up again.

Kev

Ok... 2 p.m deadline with client. However, doing a lot of that this evening, so should be clear as they have to submit then. Means I should be on the train just after 2.30. In Nott for 4-5. Last train home is 9.14. That gives us a few hours of drink, food and LW talk.

Duncan, skype me and I'll drop you my mobile number.

Had a very pleasant evening last night with Kopperdrake and Waves Of Light.
at the National Videogame Arcade - Didn't have time to play, too busy chatting LW
Talking : Node animation, speculating on LW2016, StarWars, VR-Ubercam and spherical videos, and more

Wo'L gave a us a demo of his Grandstand Seating animation, very impressive.

then went on to 'The Navigation' (http://www.thenavinn.com) pub in Nottingham
For a burger, highly recommend the food, great service.

it was Just great to be with like-minded enthusiasts - look forward to next meet

Kev

Haha, just realised that we didn't play on on a single game... the agenda of the evening did take over, didn't it.

Likewise, it was great to see and discuss the work you guys have completed or were in the process of completing. I thought your roulette VR short was excellent and I'm looking forward to seeing Arch viz versions from kopperdrake.

Damn that burger was good too.

I'll post the demo vids on here when I'm up and running later, with maybe the nodal breakdown too.

Glad you got back in one piece.

I don't think you really need to subscribe to my tutorials. You seem to have it well under control! :D

I don't think you really need to subscribe to my tutorials. You seem to have it well under control! :D

Well thank you, but I am always learning from those with greater knowledge... how else does one advance! I'm rendering out the beats studio headphones build animation, you can crit the heck out of it for me.

Not sure about the greater knowledge bit!

Give me a month or so and I'll crit it it in person over a pint, looks like I might be moving back up to the Sheffield/Rotherham area.

Hay Richard good to see this again, glad you posted it. - by the way how did you make the 360 click and drag image on your web site
is it a QTVR embed ?

Hi Kev, glad you liked it. I think the 360 shots were a java script or flash script that pulls in image sequences. Easy to setup setup and change.

Ahh, sitting in the Bridge Inn in Rotherham enjoying a really nice pint. Does life get any better? :)

Back