North West Uk Lightwave Groups

blindsided

Hi all,
I remember a while ago there were some Lightwave users and posibly a group ib the North west UK, anyone or any groups still active?

A Northern LW meet up would be great after all this time. Maybe a beer in a good pub near a central railway station?

A Northern LW meet up would be great after all this time. Maybe a beer in a good pub near a central railway station?

Do you want to suggest a venue?

what kind of meeting do people want?

A sort of instructional workshop thing maybe ? - needs access to computers or people bring laptops in a pub

An early evening start maybe 6pm ish
(It would take me 2-1/2 hrs from Gloucester, I finish at 3:30 on a Friday so could be in Nottinghamshire College, Mansfield apprx 6:30 but would leave apprx 10pm).

or

it could be a Saturday Afternoon thing - with pub in evening. would make it easier on the travelling.

How far away are people? - blindsided - How far are you from Nottingham?

Hi Kevin, sorry for delay... Unfortunately very busy in next couple of weeks but it would be interesting to see if northern LWers would be up for a meet in Nottingham. I don't know of a good venue though. West Notts College / Mansfield is horrendous to get to from Sheffield even though it's so close on the map.

Cracking idea - I'm up for it too! I could try and find a venue in Derby if you like - parking etc might be easier with its smaller size? Are we talking about a decent sized pub/cafe type thing?

<times passes>

A thought occured - I've just called The National Videogame Arcade to see if we can meet there - they're open late some evenings. I've mentioned numbers between 5 and 20 (not sure how many would turn up to this) and they're going to see what our options would be there. If you've not been, it's quite a cool place - I think it's made for this kind of event! They have a Toast Bar where they serve...toast (with stuff on top, the stuff you'd make if you were doing an all-night gaming session ;)). I think the Toast Bar is open some evenings - might they even make it an event where budding LWers can come and meet people using it for real?

Last edited:
Right guys - they didn't get back to me, so I've called them just now and they say the Toast Bar is free entry from 10am to at least 10pm, possibly 11pm or 12am, and they'll give us the free WIFFY (as my technologically-challenged sister calls it) password when we get there. Thursday night is the one they suggest for space to gather.

What say you people?

I'm totally easy! I'm crap at organising things - I know Cresshead organised some old meets, and sounds like Kev's got ideas for a layout. I think it's just a question of deciding on a Thursday in the near future that most people are happy with, and turning up! Anyone got any Thursdays they *can't* do? How many are likely to want to come along?

Anyone got any Thursdays they *can't* do? How many are likely to want to come along?

*Thanks for setting this up*

Yep I 'll come
- Thursday's could be difficult - might not get there till 8 - 8:30pm
Friday's are easier for me as I finish work at 3:30pm.

I can't make this Thursday (8th Oct)

Kev

Thursdays aren't a big problem for me, unless I get a last minute job drop. Need to check train access and times, as last time I popped over in the car. I don't think any Thurs in October are an issue at the mo.

Not sure why they recommended Thursdays - we could try a Thursday out and ask them then what Fridays are like. They might just be trying to get us to go in at a quieter time!

How many would be up for the 22nd October? To see if it's worthwhile? Just a chance to natter about LightWave - looks like we have much to speculate on!

Back