LightWave Importer for Unity

Hi
I tried contacting the developer for one year about making updates for LWImporter for new Unity 2022....no success - he rejected to update plugin (Lazy? Angry? no freaking idea)
If somebody has skill with C# I can share the plugin for fixing.
Yeah pass it along, I should be able to get a programmer to look at it

Actually, 2 days ago Developer DXR system from Unity helped me!!!!!!
So I have a working version in the official 2022/beta/Alpha version!

If somebody wants this I can share it, but to be legal with this I need to see the purchase confirmation of this asset.
yeah I'd love a copy. How do I prove purchase?

Update!
You can support Chris (Meja) for future LWImporter updates:
Lightwave Importer and LWO Importer no longer work with the latest version of Unity3D, unfortunately. The cost of updating them outweighs any future profits I hope to make. However, if I can raise the money for this goal then I will update the software on the Unity Asset Store. It should take a week or so in my 'spare' time. Lightwave Importer: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/modeling/lightwave-importer-153113 Note: please ensure your donation message contains 'LW Importer'
I have my few percent there :cool:

Last edited:
Hi!
Thanks for participating in suport Chris (Meja) at https://ko-fi.com/mejafoss
There is already 45%!
I make one free test scene available on my Discord channel. If you want to test your GPU card please download the standalone executable scene.
I give a download link from my DropBox
If you do not have Discord I put info about it here:

Maquette.exe is executable file.
Hardware requirements: Full ray tracing hardware acceleration is available on the following GPUs:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, RTX 2080 Super, RTX 2070, RTX 2070 Super, RTX 2080, RTX 2080 Super, RTX 2080 Ti NVIDIA TITAN RTX NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 (laptop only), RTX 4000, RTX 5000, RTX 6000, RTX 8000 NVIDIA also provides a ray tracing fallback for some previous-generation graphics cards: NVIDIA GeForce GTX Turing generation: GTX 1650, GTX 1660 Super, GTX 1660 Ti Pascal generation: GTX 1060, GTX 1070, GTX 1080, GTX 1080 Ti NVIDIA TITAN V NVIDIA Quadro: P4000, P5000, P6000, V100 If your computer has one of these graphics cards, it can run ray tracing in Unity.

No need to install Unity, this is a standalone version. Full DXR.
Also, some settings in Windows can block running exe:

When you run an app that Windows 10 doesn’t recognize, even if it’s signed by the developer, SmartScreen blocks it. SmartScreen, or more precisely Windows Defender blocks these apps to keep you safe. Of course, it does get a lot of false positives, and often apps that users trust end up getting flagged by the anti-virus. When the SmartScreen blocks an app, you can still bypass it by clicking the ‘Run anyway’ option however, if there is no Run Anyway' option to click, there might not be much you can do without it.
https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/fix-no-run-anyway-option-on-smartscreen-windows-10/

Here is my Score:

Attachments

• Yanus3D.png
    Yanus3D.png
    268.4 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Back