SpeedEDIT™ 2.5 Software Update Now Available for Free Download

Does this all mean that there are people actually putting some time into speededit? Amazing. Maybe there will be a 64bit Speededit3 with sony xdcam encoding? Maybe some half decent chromakeying or tracking .....hmmmm!

Did the 24pn problem get fixed

Did the problem with playing the HPX170's 720 24pn files get fixed? The older version would play them fast. Did anyone test this?

Tool shed

also when you upgrade do you keep your tool shed prefs - if not is there a way to save/reload them?

24Pn files still play fast

Checked it and the 720 24pn files out of my Panny still play fast. They play fine in adobe but fast in speed edit. I sent a file in a while ago, i thought it would be fixed. Anyone else have this problem?

OK Mutley, it would appear with your settings Livematte becomes quite a good keyer indeed. A little knowledge goes a long way. I used to get very horrible blocky keys before. Nice one.

Nonetheless let's hope NT finally start investing time into this great editor. I love how easy it is to use but wish for some of the things other editor have as standard now. A little marketing would not go amiss too. I saw Newtek at video Forum London, everything was Tricaster - not one word of the unmentionable Speededit.

A little marketing would not go amiss too. I saw Newtek at video Forum London, everything was Tricaster - not one word of the unmentionable Speededit.

I too went to the BVE and although SE wasn't really mentioned and the focus was pretty much on the TriCaster, I have to say that I really take my hat off to NewTek's engineers for what they've produced in the TriCaster.

That thing is bleedin' awesome.

NT had these two MASSIVE LED monitors with Kiki Stockhammer (swoon) keyed over the virtual sets in all her HD glory. And let me tell you, she looked AMAZING. The TriCaster's LiveMatte keying could not be faulted. I can see why NT are really pushing the TriCaster over their other products, because quite simply, for what it does, it's pretty much got that market to itself and the profit margins will no doubt be a hell of a lot better than with an offline editor.

It is a shame that SE is probably going to end up being NT's secret product, but as long as it's associated with the TriCaster, we can but hope that NT will continue to invest in it and those of us who know about it will hopefully reap it's benefits for years to come.

As Kiki Stockhammer said to me at BVE 2012.... Rock On!

Rock On indeed baby. Rock On indeed.

Hi Guys, I did the update to 2.5 and now the Transitions folder is empty??? The 3D, Fades, Trajectories, and Wipes folders are there but they are empty?

Any ideas what hapend?

You're not the only one

Been a few posts about that recently, but I don't think the guys who have suffered have posted how they handled it...

Once again as I have stated before, I'll wait until the basic bugs are fixed before I up grade my SE2 to SE2.5 or any other update. I'm very happy with my SE2. Don't get me wrong, I love Newtek and have been dedicated user since the Amiga days, but it just amazes me how the most basic functions seem to have major problems on updates. It's like not proof reading a report you are about to give to your boss. But it's probably time to realize NT is busy with live production devices and not too worried about the post production end any more.

Been a few posts about that recently, but I don't think the guys who have suffered have posted how they handled it...

Hmmm, Ok well I hope this is fixable otherwise Im going to gave to reinstall the original :( Kind of hard to edit if there are no transitions.

I'm just guessing here, but is there a chance the install dumped your transitions?
Should be easy to install those from the disk. Just guessing though as our update didn't remove our transitions.

I will check that when I get home but If memory serves I cant view individual files as its a package install file

I should have listen to myself and my previous posting. I had some down time last night and tried to install SE2.5. Downloaded just fine, and opened just fine, dual monitor just fine....however, between the CG not being "safe zone" preset not a default, nor does the center screen tool of CG work and the SD DVEs disappearing ( I still have plenty of SD customers) I once again have been forced to returned to the nicely functioning SE2.0...still love you NT just a bit frustrating that's all.

Back