RS-8 Alternative

Jef is 100% right 3rd party sales are slim to none... unfortunatlly since the VT4 is a low cost solution most users do not want to pay for add-ons... heck my tally system was going to cost me like $300 in materials and 4 hours in labor to make and no one wanted to pay over $200 for it... just not worth losing $100 and 4 hours.

Unfortunately, I don't hold any secrets 8/ :p

I haven't had any contact with Keith, so I don't know where the project stands any more than the rest of you.

Just hoping they're working on it......... :compbeati

Well, I just PM'ed Keith again..... no response to the last email I sent him. The business homepage he lists on his profile is a 404 too.

Not good signs.

Anyone else capable enough to tackle this ? I'll lend a hand, but I'm not smart enough to do it on my own :eek:

If there were more/documented serial command controls that interfaced directly with VT that would help allow the design of custom panels and interface exixting ones. Hint Hint:D

Check out youngmonkey.ca
I was just looking around on there site. Apparently they are also working on serial control of the VT.

nevmoor said:
Check out youngmonkey.ca
I was just looking around on there site. Apparently they are also working on serial control of the VT.

You talking about the MIDI-VT interface? Don't think it will work with the GVG switcher ~ that's serial, not MIDI.

Back