RS-8 Alternative

Yeah, it's $10k (as in ten THOUSAND dollars )

It's cheesily constructed and the fade bar doesn't work smoothly.

I guess PT Barnum was right - there are fools born every minute. :thumbsdow

Yes yes yes, I was joking somewhat. Hince the :)

but really I would bet there are some people out there using VT systems now and have invested into one of those controllers. At least they would be able to use something they already own. I imagine that having the capability of using that specific surface might even help sway them over from the dark side of the force.

Count me in too !
Regarding the globecaster I guess it means you could recycle some of it!Even if it is cheap and cheesy :I_Love_Ne
Mark

I'd be real surprised if there's anyone out there using VT today that had invested in that GS monstrosity of a switcher controller. That didn't actually hit the street until VT was pretty far along and even when it did, I think they sold 4. :foreheads I could be wrong. Newtek would still be in their right minds to provide a hard surface encoder interface for sale. Something that worked on a standardized control format or had screw terminals for switcher contacts and such. Of course, that should take a back seat to the 3 input VT4 break out box that I'm still dying to buy from them. :cursin:

JReble said:
I'd be real surprised if there's anyone out there using VT today that had invested in that GS monstrosity of a switcher controller. That didn't actually hit the street until VT was pretty far along and even when it did, I think they sold 4.

Going by the postings on their site, most of their "customers" are not in this country. :goodluck: :deal:

OK, OK, OK I get the message - As we understand it the GVG is just a subset of the PDG-418 protocol (or rather the PDG-418 was a superset of the GVG with a few minor changes - Like a numeric keypad). Additionaly the GVG desk requires power to be fed to it via the 15 pin connector - I will publish details for this when we have the software working on the GVG.

Its lucky I have a GVG110 in my 'to sell on e-bay pile'.

Is it time to design a 24 channel cost effective control surface for toaster? I gave up my job in electronics design for one in broadcast - what am i doing?

Keith :cool:

Any chance you can make that work on something that's still in production like a Videotek Prodigy analog switcher. I'm looking to get a small analog hardware switcher to include in our control room and it would be great if I could get one that could switch between controlling the rack unit and VT control.

I wont sware to it, but I think our PDG-418 will work with prodegy streight away - the prodegy is a cust down version of the PDG-418.

Anybody able to test it.

Keith

I just happen to have a Prodigy sitting on the shelf here at the work place. I only have VT3 so would that be good enough to do a beta test for you??
I could hook it up possibly even today. Send me a PM and we can discuss it!!!

:bangwall: Is it time to assume this is another one of them false starts that's goin' nowhere again?

JReble said:
:bangwall: Is it time to assume this is another one of them false starts that's goin' nowhere again?

I just PM'ed him, Jeff. Hopefully, he'll respond one way or the other.

At least it's not April 1st...... :twak:

I seriously doubt creating a GVG plugin is his sole purpose in life right now. Due to the lack of people buying 3rd party VT products, most of us 3rd party developers have to still do things that pay the bills. Many times the products we develop are for ourselves first not others.

Patience guys, Patience.

Back