Registering another platform for LightWave 9.x

What isn't clear from the original post is that the dongle number will change even though it is the same physical dongle when you switch platforms, so get your new dongle number first.

What isn't clear from the original post is that the dongle number will change even though it is the same physical dongle when you switch platforms, so get your new dongle number first.

I decided to reinstall LW on Vista 64 as 32Bit version, because as a beginner with lightwave I don't see touching the memory limits soon.

The plugins work in its 32bit Environment now :)

Thank you

That's not always true and I do say "Make sure you verify that the dongle number is correct for the platform you are registering." If you have an older purple USB dongle, then yes the number between Mac and Windows PC will be different, but not between 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions. If you have a red or black USB dongle then the dongle IDs are the same no matter what platform you are on.

B

Yep, I have a purple dongle.

I first registered my new platform with my original platform's dongle number. Fortunately I hadn't closed the windows and was able to reregister when I discovered that my dongle had two numbers.

Just trying to be helpful to others with this information.

I'm going from a Mac to PC (boot camp to run XP SP2)...
So I read it as enter all of the same information from my MAC license... I booted up Layout and entered my serial number and THEN I noticed my dongle ID was different. Now I run in discovery mode! Any ideas? How can I "unregister?"

UPDATE:

I e-mailed tech support and we fixed the problem!

Gotta love Newtek support! Problem solved in less than 24 hours!

Lighwave is SO much happier on XP than on OSX!

I get "dongle not found" when I try to open LW 9.6 on my near-new Mac Pro Xeon 3 GHz 8-core, running Leopard. Tried every USB port, rebooted, stood on my head.... similar Mirage/TV Paint Sentinel dongle works fine in any port. Tried LW dongle with Mirage dongle removed, because I got a conflict when I put both on a G5 Quad a couple of years ago, fixed by swapping them to each other's ports. This time, didn't help. Same dongle works on my 6 yr old Pentium 4, but although it lights up on the Mac Pro it never shows up. Been struggling with this for days now - downloaded latest Sentinel driver 7.3.03 for Mac, it said it installed, but it didn't help. Still runs in Discovery mode. So I don't get a Product Lock, and can't register.
Are there many users getting problems with Sentinel?

I think i getting the same problem....try in this and that...still get the massgae "dongle not found"...btw...my mac os 10.5.5....wonder who can :help: The dongle work fine in PC and not on my Mac...

I get "dongle not found" when I try to open LW 9.6 on my near-new Mac Pro Xeon 3 GHz 8-core, running Leopard. Tried every USB port, rebooted, stood on my head.... similar Mirage/TV Paint Sentinel dongle works fine in any port. Tried LW dongle with Mirage dongle removed, because I got a conflict when I put both on a G5 Quad a couple of years ago, fixed by swapping them to each other's ports. This time, didn't help. Same dongle works on my 6 yr old Pentium 4, but although it lights up on the Mac Pro it never shows up. Been struggling with this for days now - downloaded latest Sentinel driver 7.3.03 for Mac, it said it installed, but it didn't help. Still runs in Discovery mode. So I don't get a Product Lock, and can't register.
Are there many users getting problems with Sentinel?[/QUOTE]

Thanks to Dan at NewTek Support:

If an install issue is still present after the above excellent instructions, try the following:

Some 64 bit systems show an error "unable to locate license.key" which can be fixed by obtaining one from NT and dropping it into the Program File under C:\Programs\NewTek\Program\

rocky1
hp, m9715f,
AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Processor 2.30 GHz
8.00 GB RAM, 6-bit Operating System

Two issues resolved with Windows 7, 64 bit, 4 processor, 8 BG RAM, 2.3 GHz, using LW 9.6
1.0 The help menu can be relinked if the default browser is Windows Internet Explorer. A Firefox default breaks the link.
1.1 the url setting should be changed from ...FlashHelp... to WebHelp.
2.0 If your program goes into a loop after several months use on Windows 7, simply change the Account User Control from the default settings of 75% to 0%.

I'm getting the same error when instaling lw core (Latest build) on my pc (win vista 64 bit). It can't find the dongle. Works fine with lw 9.6. finds it perfectly. (already registered and copied the lock key, etc.) Still opens in discovery mode stating can't find lock key.

Currently I am finding that the registrations web site isn't functioning,

http://register.newtek.com/;

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:
If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
Open the register.newtek.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Information Services

Technical Information (for support personnel)
More information:
Microsoft Support

Yup, looks like it's down. They'll more than likely have this fixed on Monday. I wouldn't worry about it, though the delay can be a PIA. :hey:

good to know

Yup, looks like it's down. They'll more than likely have this fixed on Monday. I wouldn't worry about it, though the delay can be a PIA. :hey:

Good to know, these things happen.

Also Does Newtek still offer any downloads for lightwave 9.6 such as fixes to it? I found my main copy of the update, but If there were any fixes after it, I do not have them now that I changed out my old hard drive.

Back