Registering another platform for LightWave 9.x

BeeVee

Hi,

If you want to change platform with LightWave - to go from 32-bit Windows to 64-bit, or to Mac from PC or vice versa - then you need to generate a new license.key for your machine. Here are the steps involved:

1. Login to the Registration system at http://register.newtek.com;
2. Go to My Products;
3. Copy the serial number from there;
4. Go back to My Home and register a new LightWave 3D;
5. Paste the serial number you copied and you will be presented with a page where the licence you already registered is filled in, but there are empty cases for the other two platforms. Make sure you verify that the dongle number is correct for the platform you are registering.

B

Last edited:
BeeVee, can I use my paralell dongle if switching over from 32bit to a 64bit system that does have a paralell port? Or am I going to have to get a usb dongle?

Yes, you can use a parallel dongle. Just get the standard 7.4.0 release of the drivers from http://www.setupmykey.com - the one driver contains 32- and 64-bit versions, plus parallel and USB versions too.

B

Ben, is this also how you would do it if you wanted to be able to run LW on two Macs (not simultaneously)?

I haven't even tried yet, but eventually I'd like to use it on a workstation when at home and on a laptop when traveling.

Do I need to do all this, or just use the same license key?

Hey I'm about to set-up my new CPU with windows vista 64x. Any comments on what I may need to know about Lightwave 64x etc.? Does anybody know if Fprime 32bit will work in my 64bit LW?

There is a 64-bit version of FPrime available if you have the 32-bit one already. If you want to run the 32-bit one, you'll need to install the 32-bit version of LightWave on this 64-bit machine (which you can also do).

B

Lightwave 8.5 PC version

Hi,

Recently, I just bought a new 64bits computer machine running on window XP 64bits. Can i able to run lightwave 8.5, paralell port dongle on this new machine. Or do I need to change the dongle for 64bits?

Dia

why my Mac said the dongle is not found using LW 9.
My Mac running Dual 2 GHz PowerPac G5 with Version 10.4.11

what should i do???

Last edited:
I want to say this is the site where I downloaded the drivers for the PC.
http://www.safenet-inc.com/support/tech/sentinel.asp

They have a Mac section on that site as well. Something else you might try depending on your Mac, is to use a different USB port. I know the ports on the back of the stock keyboards don't always support every device. If you do not have a driver installed the device will work but your operating system will not be able to understand the encryption. It needs to know what software it is looking for to interact. And how to decrypt the stream.

Good luck,
-Chris

You should only need to download a driver for the CFM version (if at all) for the Mac. The UB version has the driver included in the executable.

B

Hi,

I use LW 9.6 on Windows Vista 64 and want to use some old 32 bit plugins to rig a character or export into some otherwise unsupported file formats.

My questions:
- am I allowed to have 3 platforms for one dongle in parallel, or is it just ment to permanently CHANGE the registered platform?
- I thought about using the 32 bit version of LightWave in a VMWare session, because it is just for Rigging and Exporting. Is it possible to use the Dongle in such a mixed environment? Can I run two instances of Lightwave at the same time that way?

Well, even if it is possible - is it allowed to run several instances on the same machine?

Maybe someone did this already..., With VMWare Unity Mode it would (should) make no difference

-- slacer

No you can run LightWave on as many machines, or whatever supported platform as you like. Only the one with the dongle will work fully though.
You can install the 32-bit version of LightWave on a 64-bit Windows machine.

B

Back