Perpetual vs. Subscription Software

so pretty much a waste of money there.

yeah
bcwLfNX.gif
been there, more than once.

perhaps when people go for free apps, these big companies will turn back to perpetual.

yeah
bcwLfNX.gif
been there, more than once.

perhaps when people go for free apps, these big companies will turn back to perpetual.
I hope so, a wish, I think somehow the pushing through power would however bee in the hands of the companies creating stuff, when they realize ..if they do that is, that there are other alternatives to use that is much more cost efficient, and up to a decent standard, so they just don´t get hypnotized by some industry standard dogma.
They would need to change, privat persons, hobby designers/artist will have little to say about it.

I bought the Adobe Creative suite at the black friday deal in 2022, but I didn´t have the time to use it as much as I should, and then the nex update would be so expensive, so I had to shut that down, so pretty much a waste of money there.

blender can provide a decent software that is competetive as open source for the 3D market, I can only hope software in the 2D realm can do the same, like krita, inkscape and another alternative to indesign.
None of those 2d tools are really competing, they provide a one man hobby show for free, but they are not making it in to what you may use at a company, unlike blender actually.

Somebody gave me the actual original installer disks to the Adobe CS6 production suite.
It's only missing InDesign but has all the other important programs like Photoshop.
Dual platform, It works up to Windows 7 and an older version of OS X for Mac.
Apparently there's a hack to activate them for perpetuity.
I haven't installed it yet.

I also have a Adobe CS4 I bought way back installed on an old Mac not connected to the Internet so it never expires.
Everytime I fire it tho, it's always asking for an Internet connection so I can 'register'.
But of course I never do so it just works like it's supposed to.
I never dare hook it up to the Internet tho.

Back