Official LightWave 3D Forum status update

To bad so few members are engaging on my forum(21 members)
I did set that up just as a temporary forum for anyone to discuss the 3D tools we need to discuss, since we are sort of shut down to do that over here.

You can go to the members link and see all members and start a private member chat with them as well.

I wanted some input to what sections members wanted to see, but seems most are just awaiting the new official forums, improvement to it, so that they will have to do according to the latest info.

Anyway..My forum in my opinion is easier to read, post comment and see what is posted last than the current official one, you can also choose to login by your google account login, so if you already are logged in with google, you do not need insert any password to login to my forum.

You can embed videos easy, this is not possible with the current official forum, you can see members, you can talk privately to them, you can discuss other 3D softare than just lightwave, seems that is not any option to do that in the new Official lightwave forums.

The bad thing with my free forum, You can´t just embedd images directly, you have to insert an embedded code, but it´s possible by adding the html code by the icon available for that, copy a flickr album share code and then edit/paste the code in to that, and the image will be embedded, the video embedding however is straightforward, just click on camera icon and embedd your youtube video, this is not properly working in the new Lightwave forum.

The functions to embedd images, quotes, insert text and adjust the format overall ..is however much better implemented in this Newtek Xenforo Forum platform, compared to my forum, or the new official lightwave forum, so have really enjoyed that to the extent we could post stuff related to our tools.

Embed video.jpg

embed image.jpg

forum.jpg

Attachments

• embed.jpg
    embed.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Yeah I think most LWers's are waiting for an official (and good) forum where devs and LWD leaders might actually drop in with info and comments. Not to knock your efforts at all I appreciate it, but there is I think more value to LW artists with a larger number of users participating. And the natural place for them to come together is the LWD website.

Yeah I think most LWers's are waiting for an official (and good) forum where devs and LWD leaders might actually drop in with info and comments. Not to knock your efforts at all I appreciate it, but there is I think more value to LW artists with a larger number of users participating. And the natural place for them to come together is the LWD website.
I agree completely, the official site is where most people should be on, and discuss it all.
But..my site is there if they feel they can´t post embedded videos, images, or having a hard time following the post..meanwhile since we have to wait like maybe 2-3 months.
So it´s up to anyone if they feel they could use my forum to better interact and discuss, it is there and currently provides a bit more functionality, and also better looks in my opinion, the new updated site will arrive in due time.

Just saying, why not use it since it offers better options of posting stuff, and easier to follow then sit in the dark for some months, unless you are satisified with what discord and facebook can give, there´s always that option.

So I agree ..the natural place for LW artist to go is the official LWD website, but we can all see how that is working now.

No one will bind you to my forum, you can enter and leave as you want, you can suggest forum sections and I will actively look in to it, you can post embedded videos, images(with a little workaround for the images) but it is there unlike the official LW forum, and you can interact with others privatly..Unlike the official forum, and you can see last posts within a thread ..Unlike official forum, where you only see last posts Of a thread.

I only need more activitity from members, and I can not post for you, even if it may seem like that sometime 😁
There is 21 members currently, if some of them had questions, links..updates, evaluated lightwave, it could be discussed and perhaps attract more users..meanwhile the time passes to march or something, or ..just sit still in the boat and wait for it, do your work or thing til March :)

My forum has no money earning by visits or anything like that towards myself or any other, it is all there and created to be of service for any Lightwave or blender user for that matter unconditionally ..currently.

Last edited:
It seems like their isn't much input from LWD though on the new forum.
Any posts I have made or read have had no replies for weeks.

It seems like their isn't much input from LWD though on the new forum.
Any posts I have made or read have had no replies for weeks.
You mean the lightwave group itself?
they don´t have time for this at this moment in time and should be focusing on development, ant leave the discussion, input, youtube links, help issues to the users.

But for that to work the forum has to facilitate that, so It´s no surpise, the forum page isn´t helping any user to be active.

I myself would have to struggle to find your post, you can´t follow members as in here or in my forum, I (no other for that matter) can not even see who´s posting the main threads, you have to enter/view each post first.

I have no idea which post you have made and it just takes times to open each post to see who is posting, I do have time to complain about alll that over here though...strangely

😁

Latest post on my forum, sorted by date...

Category sorting..
Forum | lightwave-forum (michaeli65.wixsite.com)

Last edited:
My posts are moaning about NO Mac version yet (even though I have paid).
I hope you also have emailed them?
seems to me that they are more keen on answering directly through mailsupport than in the forums, after all..they will have equally hard to use the forums as we users have.
Send them an email at [email protected]

I sent them one mail asking where the demotrial was located, I got a response back a few hours later, saying there is none publicly available, but they have set up an account for me to download a trial version with all that is in the original license, so that was fast of them.

Yeah lets face it they really have not had a chance to get their feet wet in the code as 2023 has really been about adding purchased plugins and finishing things that the old devs had started. The Mac thing is big for Mac users and that has probably been pretty involved. The fact that they have it up and running and is being tested is rather amazing if you as me. I'm not a Mac user but if I were I would for sure give them some grace. I've got a good feeling about how things are going if only they can sell enough licenses to keep it going. :)

Yeah lets face it they really have not had a chance to get their feet wet in the code as 2023 has really been about adding purchased plugins and finishing things that the old devs had started. The Mac thing is big for Mac users and that has probably been pretty involved. The fact that they have it up and running and is being tested is rather amazing if you as me. I'm not a Mac user but if I were I would for sure give them some grace. I've got a good feeling about how things are going if only they can sell enough licenses to keep it going. :)

True, some patience is needed here, considering the short time they have owned it, it´s easy to forget, and for someone which has impatience as one of my bad trade sides..I have to remind myself of this.

Been in to my own forum some minutes, added a new section for Embergen, though I already had it in the pipeline section, added tips on painting masks for Embergen for fluid emissions.

Still wrestling a bit with my forum site, embedding images isn´t done as easy as in here, but it is possible unlike the new official forum.
Some image design elements for category headers that seem to not work properly, it is the only forum available for the wix platform, and I pay nothing for it which means I have to suffer for it, though I am not sure how the payed version would work out, have to check that.

I said it so many times before, so glad I never opted for Mac´s :p😁:devilish:
But I have some sympathy, some.. for those who use it. 🤥

And I don´t want to bash them, a bit funny though when the site(forum page) seem to take quite a bit of time (2 months)? to fix with better style and function.
And in this video.. Deuce discusses says the system they have set up, including the website, takes minutes to fix when they want to change things, not weeks.
So sure..I would like to see that system in effect do it´s magic within that forum page as well 😁:D

But..they can always defend the system and say they are busy with other things first, so once they are finished with that from like 2 months down the road perhaps, it will only take a few minutes to fix the forum section 🙏 as Deuce seem to indicate🫶

Timestamp marked on that part in the video.

Record holders...
6MlUquc.gif

We are a patient bunch though. :)
I´m not, definetely not my strong side, but I am god at pretending to be.

On my forum, I somehow screwed up the design a bit yesterday, and couldn´t figure out what caused it, fortunately easy to restore the site with the history restoring options, you can easy just hover over the list of published dates and see how the site looked at each time, then I just clicked restore for the date of the page that was looking as it should, The actual topics made after that wasn´t affected, so that was nice.

yes, but as Deuce says...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx0IYpqY9oM?si=U2EAiYF5n1T_GGA8&t=1290

so, will still be a long wait.
But it should only takes minutes anyway :) according to how the system is set up 😁 (aren´t I obnoxius)

No seriously ..I understand, and I think it´s great they are talking about these issues and being transparent, it establishes credentials for themself as a company who hears and notices what users complaints may be about and not leave them in the dark, and that things are as they say not where they want it to be either right now, but in due time, and that is fair.

true, i see the irony, fast but not fast.
6MlUquc.gif

System may be fast to setup ..Once you decide to work with it.
The human factor and priority planning is something that usually may take some time, especially when there are other things to do, so it may be as simple as that provided that it would be easy/fast to fix the forum, that we do not know for sure though.

We can only see that the forum isn´t what it should be, we do not see the other loads of work they have to deal with in coding to deliver the actual product as good as it need to be the upcoming months, customer support etc.

I'm currently trying their trial version. Not had much time to look over Xmas, but the chronosculpt with it is version 1.01 I already have V1.02 so that's not even the last version released.
Fbx import doesn't work in layout Apparently some things missing. I noticed the f12 modeler button that usually sits top right in layout is also missing. So I can't send an object over to modeler from layout. I checked the hub was running and it was. So not sure why that's not there..

Back