Official LightWave 3D Forum status update

Just a bit of an update for those that don't do social media or Discord, the LW blog and online manual are in the process of being transferred over to LWD and as a result are currently offline (although you can still bypass the error pages that appear and access them) due to the website security certificates being processed.

LWD are aware of this and are currently working on getting it processed as quickly as they can. And no, I don't work for them.

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear it's happening.

I'm rarely on Discord and I'm sure I've missed a lot of recent news. When I do visit Discord, I'm usually lurking. :)

@Shabazzy Right now, the blog is down, getting a page not found. I suspect DNS for the new site is propagating.
If the expectation is that it would rebind at "blog.lightwave3d.com" and/or "forums.lightwave3d.com", that's not happened. It's Sunday afternoon here and both OpenDNS's and Google's DNS servers still return NXDOMAIN for "blog.lightwave3d.com". A "DNS propagation delay" alone isn't enough to explain them still not resolving.

If the expectation is that it would rebind at "blog.lightwave3d.com" and/or "forums.lightwave3d.com", that's not happened. It's Sunday afternoon here and both OpenDNS's and Google's DNS servers still return NXDOMAIN for "blog.lightwave3d.com". A "DNS propagation delay" alone isn't enough to explain them still not resolving.

This is a direct quote of the discord message from Chuck Baker:
The LightWave Digital Web Team is working through the site completing the first series of post-handoff updates and getting the new certificates in place. They are working through these as quickly as they can - apologies for the bumpy ride!

The link to Chuck Baker's message

jweide said:
This is a direct quote of the discord message from Chuck Baker:
The LightWave Digital Web Team is working through the site completing the first series of post-handoff updates and getting the new certificates in place. They are working through these as quickly as they can - apologies for the bumpy ride!
The link to Chuck Baker's message
I would take any comment through this channel as casual hearsay. Security certificates only take a few minutes to install. Their effect is immediate. Likewise, DNS changes should not take more than an hour because the TTL on the lightwave3d.com domain is 60 minutes.

The delay is most likely setting up web sites on new hosting platforms and configuring dependencies. Chuck was most likely mentioning "new certificates" as an indicator of a final step toward publishing a web site (although security setup probably should not be the final step). There are apparently several other steps being worked on and Chuck's comment may have been premature.

I would take any comment through this channel as casual hearsay. Security certificates only take a few minutes to install. Their effect is immediate. Likewise, DNS changes should not take more than an hour because the TTL on the lightwave3d.com domain is 60 minutes.

The delay is most likely setting up web sites on new hosting platforms and configuring dependencies. Chuck was most likely mentioning "new certificates" as an indicator of a final step toward publishing a web site (although security setup probably should not be the final step). There are apparently several other steps being worked on and Chuck's comment may have been premature.

You're probably right but in any case, at least we know that things are happening at LW Digital towers and that the new forum is most likely on its way and not been forgotten.

So, I guess all we need is..... to have just a little more patience.

Just another quick update for non-social or discord users here.

Because LightWave Digital will most likely not be communicating through these forums with existing LW users, it may be worthwhile letting you know that if you need to have direct access to them, Deuce Bennett is probably a good access point.

Here's his contact email address:

deuce (dot) bennett (at) Lightwave3dx (dot) com

I'm sure if he's able to get back to you swiftly, then he will. But just bear in mind that he and the whole team are extremely busy taking care of A LOT of LightWave related things and so either may not respond as quickly as you'd like or there's the possibility that your messages may get forgotten. I doubt though that it will have been intentially.

I do know however, that there is some exciting news coming our way.

Last edited:
It is typically not ideal to post email addresses in public forums. It leads to spam. Was this approved/expected?
He has already publicly published his email address within discord multiple times and as far as I am aware, the issue of spam is something that their email infrastructure would most likely be set up to take care of.

I published his email here without his consent because of the fact that he has already made it public, but you're point is well made and acknowledged.

I've just reached out to Deuce to make him aware of what I've done and am waiting to hear back from him regarding it.

I'm good with it - I'd rather folks reach out to me - I know where/who to get the info/questions too.

I've only asked for the email address to be edited so that a crawler won't grab it. :)

Quick update.

The interim Lightwave 3d website; LightWave3dx, no longer requires a password to access it.

So, it looks like things are happening behind the scenes.

Finally..it´s a start.

Next..the forum, and also perhaps making the landing page showcasing Lightwavethumbs with links to feature sets and much more, remove the cup and shirts, sell lightwave instead ASAP, market the Lightwave product, not cups nor t-shirts with lightwave prints.

Quick update.

The interim Lightwave 3d website; LightWave3dx, no longer requires a password to access it.

So, it looks like things are happening behind the scenes.

I forgot to express this in a good way...
And also..Mathew did become a bit too Emotional upon hearing these news.

Last edited:
To do a hyperlink jump to the other world (now without a password) go here..
Lightwave 3D® – LightWave 3D® (lightwave3dx.com)

When and if you find water, life or a new forum up and running, please send a probe back that can write a message back about that in this world, and in this thread, fiddling with clocks and gravity ....Is Not an option.

Would be nice if the lightwave3dx.com site, could adapt to look more like blender official download sites, with a direct in your face..look whats new, and a direct ..download demo for users to instantly test the software without any hazzle, that along with forum site and better link to the other lightwave3D sites.
instead of that huge animation banner and t-shirt commercial, replace that with a banner/image link to the demotrial that is on lightwave3d.com, perhaps this image, seems more logical, more effective to put that access to the demo up on the page rather than that huge banner animation flying around, and the t-shirts for sale.

LightWave - Try LightWave (lightwave3d.com)

try_lightwave-boris_goreta-galerija_952px.jpg

Looks a bit problematic now as they have two different sites to handle which could make it a nightmare in reference to handle news, links, plugins, feature sets etc regarding the One and only product they have to market on those sites.

LightWave - Production Proven (lightwave3d.com)
Lightwave 3D® – LightWave 3D® (lightwave3dx.com)

Last edited:
Back