Official LightWave 3D Forum status update

Maybe after this upcoming Mac version and service pack.
I see no reason for the LightwaveX team to withhold a demo for window users because/if the premise would be they do not have a Mac Version ready, or a service pack.
As for wether or not there will be a Demo after the Mac Release, not worth the time to even speculate about.
When it comes, it comes.

Yeah but the reality is that the 2023 release has issues, for instance the OD tools, Turbulence and Octane all had to be added manually to the interface. Not good. These things need to be corrected before a demo is released IMO.

Yeah but the reality is that the 2023 release has issues, for instance the OD tools, Turbulence and Octane all had to be added manually to the interface. Not good. These things need to be corrected before a demo is released IMO.
Then they shouldn´t have set up a demotrial for me 😁
Yeah..I understand, that could very well be the reason as well...then on the other hand, they are selling a product full of issues, so I am pondering of the thoughts on that:unsure:
We already know that some complaints have been forwarded of missing stuff, so would they shut down the update, sell pages for that to ensure not enraging anyone?

Well this could be pondered about, but not answered by us I guess.

I do hope they can fix the official forum to work as smoothly as this one,
Ivé been starting to get some requests on how to do things from several Lightwave users, and this forum isn´t it, so a few of us may use the private system and talk about "how to" in here, since we can reference to images and videos better than the officila forum, it´s that and on my private forum, which of course have a few limitations there with the image embedding.

So it would be easier for me to share things on a proper forum with all the functionality and ease to reference images, than my current forum, and than the very crippled official Lightwave forum, facebook I can´t use either, discord..don´t go there.

But I can be patient, it´s not so much about me, but the fact I could have been helping out some users faster and better...had there been a proper forum.
I recall talking to the JangaFX author, they may have plans to discard their forums..which I thought was a bad Idea, I can understand they may be able to use an easier system to maintain with discord forum channels, that are set up differently than the standard discord chat channel so to speak, so I may accept such a thing if it´s UX is similar to the traditional forum boards.

Just checked the discord "lw forum"..ah lets see..
Nope..I looked at it once, then a brain melt making me sick looking at it all, logging out at once.
Hoping for a proper one soon.

Last edited:
Well..I did a few comments in there at their discord channel, but I will probably not be in there often, I just can´t stand the looks of it, the structure..it´s too messy.

They are doing some changes on the official forum now, but it´s so far only the main posts that looks more like a better list of what is posted.
As for entering post and trying to add things, nope, it´s the same there, no way to attach embedded image other than code I thing or direct paste to the message,.
but given a little more time I perhaps.

Though it seems the are still going for that platform they have, I had hoped though it could have been replaced completely with something like a bulletin board, or Xenforo.

Yep it seems to be heading in the right direction.
At least you can see in the list who/when the last post was without having to view every thread.

Back