nuArchitect python version

Kanuso.. do you have a video of all the useful items being used? I thought a while back, you did.. unless I'm thinking of something else. No biggie. Thanks!

edit... maybe I'm just thinking of the document page with the pictures.

There is a Video out there from an early Version of nuArchitect. Maybe you have this in mind... It was created by erikals. If we all beg him to create an actual one, than he would maybe do it again :)
An Example HTML is to be found in the "nuArchitect_dat2.zip" This is a html wich shows examples of the modeler-output of the actual scripts.

Regards,
KANUSO

Thanks KANUSO! Got it working but couldn't have done it without your .dat example. In my case, I had to add a forward slash at the front of the path name - it's now working :D Thank you :D

Last edited:
Some minor, annoying things from the Panel Designer:
-It is spamming 4193 to the python console.
-Also, clicking on a control in the previewed panel doesn't automatically select that control in the control list...
-Alternatively, the controls could be labeled like their lscript counterparts. Or is this something a template does?

Otherwise, very neat plugin. I had the framework for the Python version of my Symmetric Weight Assignment set up in minutes.

Hello Kryslin,

the nuPanelDesign is accidently in the bundle. It is a pre-Version of the nuGUIDesign. So you should use nuGUIDesign. The spam is from "print the reached keycode". I will look at this an do not print further... sorry, I didn't remove the "hint-debug".

I don't know what you mean with:
Alternatively, the controls could be labeled like their lscript counterparts. Or is this something a template does?

Regards,
KANUSO

Here's one from the nuGUIDesign...
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Kryslin\My Python\nuArchitect\nuGUIDesign.py", line 45, in process
    guiedit.designdialog(8,30,self.nusoftpath,nuSoftLib.nulib)
  File "C:\Users\Kryslin\My Python\nuArchitect\guiedit\__init__.py", line 856, in designdialog
    dlg.extrainit(nsp)
  File "C:\Users\Kryslin\My Python\nuArchitect\guiedit\__init__.py", line 1109, in extrainit
    self.utempfill()
  File "C:\Users\Kryslin\My Python\nuArchitect\guiedit\__init__.py", line 3706, in utempfill
    dmytxt=[x for x in os.listdir(lookpath) if x.endswith(".nut")]
WindowsError: [Error 21] The device is not ready: 'D:\\nuSoft\\GUI\\Templates/*.*'

Something tells me I don't have something installed...

With regards to my second item:
The controls are named with their panel names. I was curious if there was a way to display the more familiar (to me, anyway) lscript names.

-Alternatively, the controls could be labeled like their lscript counterparts. Or is this something a template does?

The names, that will be generated by nuGUIDesigner are directly based on what you see in the leftmost listbox. So showing the names from LScript is not implemented in a fast way... But maybe I will find a way and a future version can Show LScriptnames too.

I think you are a bit confused about nuGUIDesign and the use of "Templates". The stored Templates (if you save a template, there is no saved template after installation) are nothing other than saved GUI's. So if you save a GUI, you indirectly have a template (or vice versa). The difference is the last char of the filename Extension (.nug .nut). This is a remnant of the early nuGUIDesign scripts.

I hope this will help you further.

Regards,
KANUSO

Yep, it does.

Now, to figure out what ctlsep() is in panel-ese...
(Sym. Weight Assign uses them. So does Build Null Objects. And a few others.)

Last edited:
Now, to figure out what ctlsep() is in panel-ese...

You can use a "canvas" to create a seperator. Use a canvas with reduced height to 0 or 1 (or at last very low) for a horizontal one, and with reduced width to build a vertical one.

Regards,
KANUSO

-Also, clicking on a control in the previewed panel doesn't automatically select that control in the control list...

This is because I had an active bug-report open. The report has now been answered by a developer. It seems that I used a wrong function to update the selected items in a multilist. The developer told me to use the ctl.set_addr_int() instead of ctl.set_int() to handle it right. The next Version of nuGUIDesign will do this.

Regards,
KANUSO

nuFountain extension of nuArchitext

Hello,

the extension nuFountain is complete.
The Fit-Boxes are not active and not all UV-Mappings are generated. This will coming soon.

View attachment 143266

Contents of the nuFountain.zip

exfountain1.jpg
exfountain2.jpg
exfountain3.jpg
fountain1.jpg

ggbhhd3.lwo
ggbhhd4.lwo
ggsnhd3.lwo
ggsnhd4.lwo

nuFountain.html
nuFountain1.html
nuFountain2.html
nuFountain3.html
nuFountain4.html

nuFountain.py

nuFountain.txt

You must have installed the nuArchitect bundle in order to use this extension!

What to do with this files?
Place all files with the extension ".html" into the "Helpy" folder of your "nuSoft" structure (see the first post of this thread)
Place all files with the extension ".jpg" into the "img" folder of your "Helpy" folder of your "nuSoft" structure
Place all files with the extension ".lwo" into your "nuSoft" folder
Place the file nuFountain.py into the folder where you have installed all other nuArchitect .py files

You can look at the jpg-files to get an idea of what nuFountain can do for you.

In the file nuFountain.txt you will find the text you are reading now. This file is not in use by nuArchitect.

Regards,
KANUSO

Attachments

• nuFountain.zip
    364 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
nuFountain fix

Here the Version with active Fit-Boxes and UV-creation full active.

View attachment 143275

You must have installed the nuFountain from the previous post!

Simply Change the nuFountain.py with the one from this fix.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Regards,
KANUSO

Attachments

• nuFountain_fix.zip
    16.5 KB · Views: 352
guiedit fix (nuGUIDesign)

Hello,

this update fixes:
spam of "4193" (all keystrokes int) isn't present anymore
the selection of selected controls is updated in the "Active Controls" tree.

View attachment 143277

In this zip you will find a file called "__init__.py"
What to do with this file?

Find the Folder "guiedit" in your "nuArchitect" structure. In this Folder you find a file called "__init__.py". Change this with the file from this zip.
Be careful, there are many files "__init__.py" in the nuArchitect structure. This is because how Python works.
In the case of interrest for us, we want to update the "guiedit" library from the "nuArchitect" library. So be sure to Change the "__init__.py from the Folder "...../nuArchitect/guiedit". And only this one.

Regards,
KANUSO

Attachments

• guiedit.zip
    42.8 KB · Views: 347
nuStoneSkin extension of nuArchitect

Hello,

the Extension nuStoneSkin is complete.

View attachment 143299

Contents of nuStoneSkin.zip

exstoneskin1.jpg
exstoneskin2.jpg
exstoneskin3.jpg
exstoneskin4.jpg
exstoneskin5.jpg
exstoneskin6.jpg

stoneskin1.jpg

nuStoneSkin.html
nuStoneSkin1.html
nuStoneSkin2.html
nuStoneSkin3.html
nuStoneSkin4.html

nuStoneSkin.py

You must have installed the nuArchitect bundle in order to use this extension!

What to do with this files?
Place all files with the extension ".html" into the "Helpy" folder of your "nuSoft" structure (see the first post of this thread)
Place all files with the extension ".jpg" into the "img" folder of your "Helpy" folder of your "nuSoft" structure
Place the file nuStoneSkin.py into the folder where you have installed all other nuArchitect .py files

You can look at the jpg-files to get an idea of what nuStoneSkin can do for you.

Regards,
KANUSO

Attachments

• nuStoneSkin.zip
    320.1 KB · Views: 360
nuSelAssist selection helper for Modeler

nuSelAssist is free

View attachment 143327

nuSelAssist is to assist you in selecting
nuSelAssist is made to work in the Modeler

There are 2 types of selections nuSelAssist can aid you.
1: Pointselection
2: Polygonselection

And there are 2 modes of the selections.
1: Exclude
2: Include

And for every axis there are 3 settings.
1: All
2: -
3: +

And you have a value for each axis.

The selection is build as the following:
If the type is "Point", than you get a point selection.
If the type is "Polygon", than you get a polygon selection.

In point selection mode "Exclude" means that the axisvalue is excluded from the selection.
In polygon selection mode "Exclude" means only a polygon, that is complete in the "selection box" will be selected.

Axis setting "All" means that all values of the given axis are in the "selection box"
Axis setting "-" means that all values lower than "axis value" in the given axis are in the "selection box"
Axis setting "+" means that all values higher than "axis value" in the given axis are in the "selection box"

Play around with nuSelAssist to find out how it can aid you.

Regards,
KANUSO

Attachments

• nuSelAssist.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 327
nuSelAssist v2.0 (bugfix and enhancement)

Fix:
If nuSelAssist is called prior to any nuArchitect bundle script, it ends up with an error. This is fixed.

Enhancement:
The selectionbox can now be entered directly

in selection box mode, the "Include" and "Exclude" with pointselection does not care because the Modeler do the VOLUME mode by itself.

To update you just have to excange the old nuSelAssist.py with the one from this zip.

View attachment 143335

The nuSelAssist.py file should be placed where all other .py files you use with LW are located.

Regards,
KANUSO

Attachments

• nuSelAssist2.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 330
nu SelAssist 3.0 fix and enhancement

Sorry for updating in such a short period.

My colleagues asked me if they can get some spherical selection. So I worked again with the code of nuSelAssist.

Fix:
if nuSelAssist was started with something selected, it worked not correct. Now it deselects old selections prior to select new selection

Enhancement:
There is a new selection mode implemented. "Radial Selection"
This works as follows:
Imagine 2 spheres with their Center at a defined Point. Call them "Inner Sphere" and "Outer Sphere"
In pointmode all Points that are found in the outer sphere and not in the inner sphere are selected. If you choose "Use Outer Only", than all Points in the outer sphere are selected.
In polygonmode all Polygons that are complete placed in the outer sphere and have no Point within the inner sphere are selected.

For those of you who are experienced in coding:
In the code you will find code to create test objects. this is commented out, you can react it to test around, if you want to enhance nuSelAssist by your own. If you enhance it by your own, it would be nice if you share it here.

Simply Exchange the nuSelAssist.py with the one from this zip.

View attachment 143338

Regards and sorry again,
KANUSO

Attachments

• nuSelAssist3.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 350
Kanuso,

Can you please produce an updated nuArchitect archive with all the above fixes included?

Doing a new install is a bit tiresome because of all the individual fixes now needed to reach the "current" version.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back