Normal maps show in the VPR preview, but not in the render?!

Should anyone be interested in the Soviet Space Program, I'm running a free Substack where I post newly uncovered information, photos, and quite a few Lightwave renderings of obscure Soviet Space Projects.

Nick
Substack eh?

Hmm, I've previously heard the term, but never took the time to find out what it was or was about, until I saw this post by you Nick.

Now I'm VERY intrigued by it as an alternative platform for independent creators.

Substack seems to align more with my values when it comes to having the freedom to be honest and truthful with your views and opinions on the internet. So thanks for giving me a heads up.

Last edited:
Substack eh?

Hmm, I've previously heard the term, but never took the time to find out what it was or was about, until I saw this post by you Nick.

Now I'm VERY intrigued by it as an alternative platform for independent creators.

Substack seems to align more with my values when it comes to having the freedom to be honest and truthful with your views and opinions on the internet. So thanks for giving me a heads up.
Heading further off topic here!

It's basically a newsletter system. I was on Revue before it shut down, but like SubStack a LOT more. It keeps things simple, and doesn't flood you with marketing bollocks. (For itself or your newsletter).

Nick

Starbase1

I missed the download opportunity for the Soyuz model. any way you can get it to me? Link had expired, and model was removed. Thanks.

cool, NASA uses LW; Ernie right? (pun intended)

Ernie Wright Brings the Moon to Life | NASA
And Shrox and many more..
Emmy win for NASA – LightWave 3D

Zareh’s team had some of the LightWave great and good onboard to help deliver the final animations. Artists that should be familiar to LightWave users the world over – like Dave Jerrard, Mark Hennessy-Barrett, William (Proton) Vaughan, Chris O’Riley, Sean Kennedy, Andrew Comb, and Greg Sullivan – were instrumental in providing the finished animations using a combination of LightWave 3D with plugins such as Infinimap Pro, exr Trader Pro, LW CAD and Turbulence FD.

Lightwave´s always been good for space shots, and also technical setups.
Sun.jpg

Last edited:
You're taking me back to when I first bought 5.7, with space scenes specifically in mind.

I looked at the pictures published in the graphics magazines of the day, and decided which ones I liked best before reading what software was used. More often than not it was LW. So that's what I went for.

And, of course, there was B5...

Back