New Docs!

yeah me too.. will this doc give me what I need to know to start making scripts?
drummen (at) gmail (dot) com

Why cant I see your attachments?? no office docs no pdf just broken link by ssdcinc. Is there another view to see attachments????

thanks

I keep forgetting to post this...

In the docs, I believe a global search replace should replace "DDR_Window" with "VideoEditor_DDR" for VT[4].

Thanks, I just updated the docs. I never think to do that...

I'm trying to find out why all of our attachments are gone.

I'll repost a new version as soon as I can.

John

Did anyone find the PDF version of this document. I have downloaded the XML however getting the XML to display anything other than code and expansions has been difficult.

mtruss said:
Did anyone find the PDF version of this document. I have downloaded the XML however getting the XML to display anything other than code and expansions has been difficult.

here's a word doc of it, at least I think thats the latest, if not I have
it at home (and in PDF) and will upload it when I get home from work!

Attachments

• ToasterScriptDocs2.zip
    78 KB · Views: 1,092
mtruss said:

That XML file is an OpenOffice document. You can get it free (free free, no ads, nothing) at www.openoffice.org

John,
Can you post the new updated docs here?
Remember to add the undocumented scripts into the docs.:devil:

"New" docs?

Looking about, can't find ToasterCG, ToasterEdit, ToasterVision, etc anywhere in my VT4 machine.

how updated are these?

Those are not the updated names. In previous versions of VT those were the names of the modules. In the meantime they have been updated to new names.

I realize that, Keith. I have had a VT for a lo o o o ng time.

But for updated docs, I would think an update of the module titles and screenshots would be nice.

I am glad, though, that someone is keeping up with this. With all the irons in the NewTek fire, something like this could be lost.

Kim

I agree, Kim. There is a learning curve that someone looking at scripting for the first time will find daunting. Compounding that is the fact that you have to update certain module descriptions and names.

lol, your VT4 doesn't have those? If you pay extra, I'll throw them in ;)

This version of the docs has been massively updated from the previous one, but you are correct, the examples still use the incorrect module names.

Oddly, module names were never really documented, I had to dig those up myself for the next version.

I've been working on new docs for VT5 and SpeedEDIT. These will include corrected module names (assuming I catch them all), a list of modules available, quite a bit of example code and all of the forum how-to's that I have the rights to (Aussie's, mine, etc)

The SpeedEDIT version should be released with SE next month. For VT, I'm holding off to make sure that all new features are included.

Hallo everybody,
I need to open 2 DDRs, send one in Program and another one in Preview and start playing two different video files synced. I suppose that a script could make them play at the same moment but I need it NOW and I don't have enough time to study the manal. Anybody could help me please?
Thank you

Nikola:
Still need the script?

There is almost imposibile to have two DDRs play in sync with Tscript. It need some time to process each command. A 33ms (1 frame) delay will cause two DDRs out of sync. Tscript are not good enough in this. There is no fixed time delay on each script commands, they need to parse, translate and process into VT modules. So use Tscript might take chance that you might have two DDRs sync once in a while or never.

Are you use it on stereoscopic vision? If so, try C++ SDK will be much more reliable but still might have 1 to 2 frame delay. I got a project to play stereo vision videos on VT[2]/VT[3] years ago. It is a pain at that time, I use a VT SDK. At the end of project, I decide to multiplex two video into one stereo video to void the sync problem. With VT[4] and fast CPU/HD today, it might have chance to sync two DDRs. If you have a PC fast and stable enough (CPU, high PCI/PCI-X/PCI-E bandwidth motherboard and HD), the delay can be managable.

In response to a recent post bringing up the fact that the docs were missing...
Here's the latest version I found on my hard drive.

Note, this document is an Open Office Writer document.

If you don't have Open Office, it's a free download at OpenOffice.org.

Attachments

• VT_ScriptDocs3.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,392
Thanks guys. I've started messing around with this, but I have quickly discovered that VT[3] has a much more limited TScript Command Set than the documents describe. I get syntax errors and example routines won't run. But It's not the end of the world.

I'll figure out something.

lol, your VT4 doesn't have those? If you pay extra, I'll throw them in ;)

This version of the docs has been massively updated from the previous one, but you are correct, the examples still use the incorrect module names.

Oddly, module names were never really documented, I had to dig those up myself for the next version.

I've been working on new docs for VT5 and SpeedEDIT. These will include corrected module names (assuming I catch them all), a list of modules available, quite a bit of example code and all of the forum how-to's that I have the rights to (Aussie's, mine, etc)

The SpeedEDIT version should be released with SE next month. For VT, I'm holding off to make sure that all new features are included.

Mutley post got me thinking about Toasterscripts... I have VT5, is there a place where the updated docs were uploaded or do we need to contact you for those?

Thanks

Back