LW B747 Benchmark (LW 2020+)

cool,
bcwLfNX.gif
i think that's a record.
xkjdNLp.gif

alright, i really need to log off.... Zzzz....
bcwLfNX.gif

the flu,
+the neighbor downstairs had a party until 5am last night. sometimes i wish i was evil too.

Erikals LW11 scene renders in 47.9 seconds on my rig using LW2015.3. I have yet to test with the last version of LW11.

none here actually goes to bed?? LoL...
6MlUquc.gif

last one Prometheus,
that's a though one
too much noise, should be half at least. but here is the result in GAi...
as you can see, it adds stuff that isn't here, ceiling pattern for example.

sdfdf-low_res-scale-1_00x-gigapixel.jpg

Awesome!
P13SFkJ.png

should be bout the same in LW11.
Yeah... it wasn't until LW2018 where they made a huge change to threading... as in supporting "unlimited" number of threads. There are workstations out there that have two of the processors that I have only one of... 256 threads....

Give me one more year and I will have one of those as well.... it is only a pocket of gold, after all. ;)

none here actually goes to bed?? LoL...
6MlUquc.gif

last one Prometheus,
that's a though one
too much noise, should be half at least. but here is the result in GAi...
as you can see, it adds stuff that isn't here, ceiling pattern for example.

View attachment 152325

similar to my krita filtering in the image below, same here with ceiling pattern, your Gigapixel smoothing a bit better I think, but I have so many more options with these filters to adjust to the best of it´s capabilities.
Will try with my Aig enlarger denoise function, and photoshop filterning as well.

As for initial noise, of course I knew it wasn´t enought to get a decent results even with denoisers, should have had more initial samples ..but it is just too late at night, so I took
a shortcut.

My krita filtering result..but if we are talking animations, forget that approach.

Cycles krita denoise smooth wavelet.jpg

Regarding filtering in photoshop, in my opinion it´s not good enough ..if I haven´t missed anything..krita is way better in smoothing fixing noise.
You can try noise reduction filter, or unsharp masks, but it´s a horrible little preview window you get in photoshop, while in krita you get a much larger scalable preview on it all..and much much more various smoothing or de-noising filtering.
The photoshop Neural filters has a noise reduction plugin in waiting if people are interested enough, can´t test it since it´s not active yet..I forwarded my interest on it though.

If I haven´t said it before, or forgotten it..Goodnight, Again.

don't have time for this, but made an additional LW11 test
that's it for today.

LW11
DP ngon Light = 500%
linear ColorSpace
(no illuminated poly)
minimum pix space 4 (to cut render time)
antialias 3
DP Fast tonemap Filmic
PhotoShop faux tonmap
OidN denoise
GigaPix denoise (150% scale up)
a touch glow added
6min rendertime on an older AMD 1700

glow.jpg

Last edited:
Way late to this party, but I wanted to see how well someone else's scene done in 2020 worked.

Bench: 7M 8Sec
Volum: 24M 11Sec

Comparatively OK it seems.

Alright then... Since people are playing around with different lighting and rendering engines as well as post-processing tricks like AI upscaling, I thought it would be fun to create a reasonable looking Eevee version and demonstrate Eevee's capabilities.

1920x1080 3.87 seconds render with volumetrics in Eevee. Lots of old-fashioned fakery going on: pre-rendered HDRi of the hangar environment & lighting (2 minutes 4K render in Cycles), SSGI Eevee beta 3.1 build, and extra lights for improved ceiling bounces. No post-processing, except for the following color management settings: Filmic high contrast, a slight S-curve adjustment and very small reduction in exposure.

The viewport display looks more or less the same, which is really convenient for quick lookdev: all material changes, lighting adjustments, etc. are applied in real-time. No trial and error test renders necessary.

BOEING~1.jpg

A 4K render @ 4096x2160px takes 5.10 seconds. Render times could be optimized further, but it's good enough for now.

3900X & 3080ti

I wonder what this would look like in Unreal. I hope Eevee will get GPU raytracing implemented sometime this year.

Still, minutes to seconds...

And Lewis shoulda known this sort of this was going to happen.

It's funny, isn't it? 10 years ago we'd be joyously jumping up and down for this level of quality versus render times. Things improve so fast, as do expectations.

It does look more CG - the materials definitely need more work. It was just a quick test.

When raytracing hits Eevee, I think things will become very, very interesting once again. And the upcoming 4000 cards from Nvidia and other tech improvements in GPU rendering may all be combined in one super-fast high quality rendering engine.

We'll see.

Nahh no need, I just thought "Benchmark" is clear enough what is the point of this scene (esp. coz i explained it's not tuned to be fast as possible since for some machines with many cores/threads then it would be too fast i.e. pointless test).

But whatever makes people happy i OK :).

When raytracing hits Eevee, I think things will become very, very interesting once again. And the upcoming 4000 cards from Nvidia and other tech improvements in GPU rendering may all be combined in one super-fast high quality rendering engine.
Unity might be the go.

Back