LW B747 Benchmark (LW 2020+)

I didn't see one like mine, so
Mac Studio running Ventura 13.1.2
M1 Ultra 20 Core CPU/48 Core GPU
64GB RAM
Methodology: Download scene, open in LW2020, press F9. No optimizations of any kind. I changed no settings and did not close any windows, so the browser was still open among other things. I figured I had memory to spare.
11 minutes, 19 seconds on the base scene.

Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 12.10.43 AM.jpeg

I didn't see one like mine, so
Mac Studio running Ventura 13.1.2
M1 Ultra 20 Core CPU/48 Core GPU
64GB RAM
Methodology: Download scene, open in LW2020, press F9. No optimizations of any kind. I changed no settings and did not close any windows, so the browser was still open among other things. I figured I had memory to spare.
11 minutes, 19 seconds on the base scene.

View attachment 155575
Thank you for sharing this info, I was curious about what this beauty could do in comparison to my Mac mini M1.

Straightening side walls of Hangar (and thus logo textures). Shift camera is basically like Architectural camera, so vertical lines are straight even with wide angles as this one (18 mm). Otherwise LW logos/wall would look crooked (feel free to change camera and see).

But again, please guys you are missing the point if we discuss model and technical correctness of Hangar windows, shape, etc., etc.

It is not mandatory and nobody has to use it. If someone do not like the way it is it's totally ok to skip it :). It is just fun project, testing and i made it for free and wanted to share with community.

Thanks
What he said. it is just a benchmark scene that uses a few different tricks to give a comparison of render times.
You could start an entirely separate thread and say 'who can optimize this scene to render the fastest,' and make different categories for LW Native, Octane, Blender or what have you.

If you are comparing performance of 5 liter Mustangs and people start chiming in with what their Formula 1 cars can do, you missed the point. You also probably conveniently neglected to mention that you spent an hour just starting your F1 car and used a team of engineers to do it before you rattled off that 8 second quarter mile time. If you spent an hour importing and optimizing for Blender or matching the materials in Octane, that counts against your render time in a still image benchmark. Be sure and add that on.

Back