Interior Unity DXR

@Janusz Biela

They all look great Janusz, perhaps a tad of too much of the Camera unfocus blur, not sure though ...I just react on that a bit, and perhaps something related to the light intensity, contrast or color vibrance could be enhanced? "old" path tracing still looks better?

Great that you uploaded a vid 10 hours ago showcasing it a bit more (y)

Last edited:
They all look great Janusz, perhaps a tad of too much of the Camera unfocus blur, not sure though ...
Is difficult to catch the correct focus settings when you have 5-10 fps ;) is not smooth enough
I just react on that a bit, and perhaps something related to the light intensity, contrast or color vibrance could be enhanced?
This is just my point of view on post-process (I wanted balanced colors/lights and a less artistic view - is important in my job to have not crazy colors but more natural ones) I know what to mean: greenish feeling, high contrast, etc. That`s a good system to show great render but useless for commercial work.
Yes, you can change whatever you want in post-process or add more effects (Unity has a full spectrum of that)

"old" path tracing still looks better?
Is the same (not exactly but slightly a bit better) difference with speed render, around 500-2000 times faster compared to Unity Path Tracing with Denoiser (not mentioned without) - you need around 1-2 min for the same effect or even more.
Path Tracing Unity/Unreal and PT from CPU (choose engine) are the same. Speed render of course thousands of times faster than CPU
Great that you uploaded a vid 10 hours ago showcasing it a bit more (y)
Thanks! Actually, I switched to H-Trace because is has much better GI quality, faster render and you can render without Ambient Occlusion if you want and still you get really good corners!
Also, H-Trace has a very good Denoise system with extra tools and a detector for thickness with levels when Unity DXR has missed all of them.
From H-Trace GI looks more natural, there are no limits for distance (Infinity GI) no limits for bounce lights (Yes! in Unity I must stick with ONE bounce light).
Watch part of the video where is Indirect Light only - that's amazing and impossible to do from Unity DXR)
To achieve the same quality of GI in Unity DXR I need 2 bounce Lights and a horrible amount of samples - that is the killer for GPU.

Guys! Wanted to give some updates about Unity!
1. I switched to Unity 2022 lately and the reason for that is Unity 2022 officially changed the status of DirectX12 from Experimental to the official. This is great becaouse now DX12 works fully operated and performance overtakes DX11
2. Soon H-Trace render engine (I do not use native Unity SSGI) will get a new 2.0 version with a lot of new features. At this stage, H-Trace 1.0 renders like Lightwave or KrayTracing but in 2.0 will be more performance with GI render new Denoiser system, and I wait for support for APV as the second option for reflection fallback.
3. Here are some latest tests

DXR system 35 fps in FullHD, 15 FPS in WQHD size (2560 x 1440):
Vernissage_0DXR_18.jpgVernissage_DXR_017.jpgVernissage_DXR_019.jpgVernissage_DXR_020.jpgVernissage_DXR_025.jpg

Pure Path Tracing 2-3 min time render with denoiser (around 5 fps when moving camera in WQHD):
Interior_027.jpgInterior_028.jpgInterior_029.jpgInterior_030.jpg

Back