FCP X vs SE2

Sorry, didn't care too much for that link.

The article itself doesnt' acknowledge that Avid started life as a Mac only product and still supports Mac. The article seemed to read like people would have to change entire systems, not just software

The comments at the bottom were more agrivating than the article itself. By and large they seemed to be from Mac fanboys.

The bottom line is that the new software has some nasty flaws in not supporting the legacy projects, and in that it doesn't support professional workflows with media being on a network server. It is a super cool product for people who "play" with editing software but not for people who make their living editing.

Maybe they will address these issues, but will it be in time to salvage their professional market share? And do they even care if this move brings in mountains of cash from the same market of people who buy iPads and iPhones and whatnot, the consumer market with considerable disposable income?

Now that some time has pasted and SE has long been discontinued what’s the current consensus on Final Cut Pro X vs SE? FCP got lots of additional features over the years and unfortunately Speed Edit is gone.

Now that some time has pasted and SE has long been discontinued what’s the current consensus on Final Cut Pro X vs SE? FCP got lots of additional features over the years and unfortunately Speed Edit is gone.

While I no longer use SpeedEDIT, having moved over to LightWorks (and now thinking of moving over to BlackMagic's Resolve) and after re-reading this thread, my answer to your question would be; the things that I take away from all of this is:

1) Looking at things from a business perspective, what it really highlights for me are the consequences of the decisions made and the effect those decisions have on your customers and therefore the bottom line. From Apple and NT's perspective I guess they feel vindicated in the decisions they made with relation to their focus strategies and think their respective businesses have prospered as a result.

2) Looking at things from a customer's perspective, as an SE customer I feel very let down. But if I were an Apple customer, happy (maybe?).

As a comparison of the tools themselves; I'm not really in a position to comment as I don't have any experience of FCPX.

Back