zbrush sketches

cresshead

cat servant
yeah....sketching in zbrush..seems to work better for me than a pencil:thumbsup:

Attachments

• cat_work_in_progress.jpg
    cat_work_in_progress.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 947
Last edited:
Yeah, ZB is great for concept sculpting! Sometimes it's easier than pencil for sure, especially when you're not sure of where you want to take a model.

Nice kitty, BTW!

Love the kitty.

The head is in a style I don't appreciate but I do see the zbrush work on it is extensive.

Where am I... Open forum... hmmm, never mind. Elsewhere, I would say put some hair on it...

thanks...was just messing around whilst watching DS9 dvd's on sunday...it's not complete..wanted to see how hard it was to pose and sculpt and model in a pose like the cat laying down rather than in a default standing pose.

the head...well all of it is just w.i.p. or playing really.

Nice - I love the cat too :)

I've been using the trial version of Zbrush for 10 days now and I'm really starting to like this program apart from the odd time the program doesn't do what it's supposed to (ie when I drop an object to canvas I can't go back into edit mode).

Anyway do you use a tablet? If so which one? At the moment I'm using a mouse whilst I'm testing out the software but in the long run I'll need a tablet for sure.

What's "DS9" DVDs?

Deep Space 9.

I'm not him but a tablet is something you should just have. ;a

Keeps the CT (Carpal Tunnel) away and your arts that much more natural. If you are a trained artist, then for sure, it's a the purchase you make right after the monitor. Or so I suggest to students.

Look at 3d-Coat, too. It is not a replacement for ZB; it's a standalone-plugin for LW. A nice entry program for such tools, as well.

ZB is king. 3DC is the little engine that can.

i'm using a HP tablet pc for zbrush mostly now..12.1 screen running at 1200x800...feels ace...for zbrush..

also on my quadcore desktop pc i use a wacom bamboo MEDIUM which is both cheap and really good...ideal for zbrush and came with photoshop elements and the wonderful art rage [on both pc and mac 4 installers!]

41Xq2X4oIGL._SS400_.jpg

417xrOpP4IL._SS400_.jpg

31dnyFauO6L._SS500_.jpg

Great, thanks for the tip. Had to laugh at the "if you're a trained artist" comment because I'm completely the opposite of that!!! Nevertheless a tablet is still the way to go for me I think.

I've heard great things about 3d coat as well which I will download after the Zbrush demo expires.

well i think i'm pushing it to call myself a 'pro scribbler'..i'm def NOT a 2d artist
so i need all the help i can get...drawing with a mouse is at best like drawing with a tethered brick!...not easy for a ''trained artist'' nevermind me with my talent for drawing still stuck at an 'average 3 year kiddie wink'

Me, either! haha

Which is why the tablet has been that much more of a godsend: it encouraged me to be comfortable drawing - no one was making fun of my stick men any more. Nor my suns and landscapes.

It's great that we are able to use technology to work AROUND our limitations isn't it? That's why I love CG so much - it enables me to create what my mind can conceive.

Cresshead would you recommend any DVD/video tutorial packages for Zbrush? I'm currently going through the ones on ZBrush central (I'm doing the vase one at the mo) but ultimately I want to be creating highly-detailed characters so an in-depth DVD on the subject would help.

For me it needs to be a DVD or video tut and not written (ie so books would be no good) because I need to *see* how things are done if that makes sense.

i'd def say if your looking for a detailed introduction on zbrush then either the meats mier zbrush3 or the digital tutors zbrush 3 vids are really well put together..i have the DT one and a few chapters from the meats mier one from gnomology

i have a few from digital tutors and will post a quick rundown on each later [teatime currently!]

Brilliant stuff, much appreciated :thumbsup:

As I'm going to be spending £370 on this app I want to get the best training possible to get the most out of it. I don't mind spending a bit more on some quality DVDs.

1.for a good foundation in zbrush choose either of the intro vids from digital tutors or gnomon workshop...both are good.

2.for face/head/hair sculpting have alook over on gnomology
http://gnomonology.com/group/27

3.this was okay for general sculpting but was not about a defined character so i'd probably skip this if i were to buy it again.
http://www.digitaltutors.com/store/product.php?productid=3109&cat=91&page=1

4.for zsphere modeling overview this was good and cheap
http://gnomonology.com/group/28

5.i'm currenty looking at this though>>> looks cool..i'll pick it up at the weekend i think!
http://www.digitaltutors.com/store/product.php?productid=3505&cat=91&page=1
t_3505.jpg

Thanks very much for this. I think I'll go with the Gnomon workshop one to start with, the Intro to Zbrush 3.1. It looks like there's a awful lot on there :)

another one....

this one is 'nogbad the bad' a character from a cutout animation children's show i used to watch in the late 60's-and early 70's

oh and i've just ordered the dvd set too!

Attachments

• nogbad_the_bad_a.jpg
    nogbad_the_bad_a.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 746
Good stuff. was the base mesh imported from LW or modelled from scratch from within ZB?

I see you're in the UK. My trial period only has a few days to run now so it's time to get my wallet out (unless I can run the trial on my laptop as well but would that be a bit cheeky?). Anyway I was wondering if you bought ZB direct from Pixologic or did you find a UK reseller? If so how much did it cost you?

I'm presuming a £ sign is put in front of the price in dollars as everything else appears to be here in rip off Britain. Also does the product come on CD (I hope it does)?

made from zsphere's...you can see the basic evel 1 mesh in that grab as well.

mine was the free update from 2.0 [i never used 2.0 really]
bought mine from bluegfx bt you can buy direct from pixologic too...download version or disc box

if i were you i'd maybe wait till after siggraph as there 'may' be a new update

Back