Windows or VT issue?

KLTV_

We have a new Windows 7 computer with an Asus PT6 WS Professional motherboard with a i7 processor and 12 gb RAM.

The problem is, when starting up VT, it doesn't crash. What does happen though is it only allows 2 Cameras to work at a time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Drivers. UAC is off. But either way, whether the driver is installed or uninstalled, in the device manager it shows the group NewTek SD driver and the actual device shows and has a blue question mark with a circle around it. When doing a NewTekrtme, it starts up properly. We have both a SX-8 and a SX-84 and both have the same result with only having 2 cameras working at once. I have also tried switching the VT cables around to different positions to see if it was a problem with a cable.

No other software, except the motherboard drivers and video card (N250S Twin Frozr 1gb), quicktime provided by the 5.x patches and adobe 8 reader installed.

Any suggestion on how to get it to see more than 2 cameras without having to physically reseat the cables?

Ie. hit the switcher for Cam 1 and it comes on. Hit the switcher for Cam 2 and it comes on. Hit the switcher for Cam 3 and it shows black. Reseat the cable for Cam 3 and Cam 2 and 3 work while losing the first camera (black screen) pushed into the switcher.

Sounds odd. If you've duplicated this same activity, and you've eliminated all cables etc, maybe it's a W7 issue. Not sure since I'm still on Vista.

Have you tried tech support?
7 days a week, 8:30am to 6:30pm CST Telephone: (US) 210-341-8444 or 210-370-8030

Sound like you lost some functions of the "daughter board". Check the connector of VT daughter board and flexible cables. If problem still there, call tech support. There must be something worng with your VT card.

We have a new Windows 7 computer with an Asus PT6 WS Professional motherboard with a i7 processor and 12 gb RAM.

Ie. hit the switcher for Cam 1 and it comes on. Hit the switcher for Cam 2 and it comes on. Hit the switcher for Cam 3 and it shows black. Reseat the cable for Cam 3 and Cam 2 and 3 work while losing the first camera (black screen) pushed into the switcher.

Double check that your cables are inserted correctly from the VTPRO to the SX-8(4). If VT3 & VT4 are crossed, the program will respond exactly as described.

Also, you shouldnt be getting an error in the device manager. Try reinstalling 5.3. If that doesn't work: Tech support.

Did you ever resolve this issue? I just ran into an almost identical problem. Haven't exhaustively cleaned and reattached and reseated yet, but just wondering if there was a straightforward fix.

-steve

Yes and no. All my PCs with H61, P61, Z68, X79 chip sets with Win7 x64 are not worked on my VT boards. There are blinkings and overlays over PGM monitor and sometimes on real output, black input signals and other wierd symptons.

I tried the VT board on ASUS P6T SE motherboard with i7-930 CPU and it seems work fine. Older LGA775 CPU and motherboards are all work fine but hard to find one now. But they are all running WinXP pro, not Win7.

I will try another old M/B with WIn7 next week.

Hi Chen! It's been a while. Hope you're doing great.

I erased the heck out of my contacts, buffed them until they shined, and tripled-checked all the connections, and I got it to work. I'm sure it will work up until the time I put the last screw back in the case. :grumpy:

By the way, this is an MSI MS-7593 motherboard with a Core i7 920 and 6GB of RAM, running W7 64-bit. This setup has run 5.3 with a VT-not-Pro card and an SX-8 just dandy for about three years, but I put the Pro card in there because I needed three busses of video (I'm finally doing a camera-on-the-clock in the scorebar.) (I also finally blew the video card, and just replaced it with a GeForce GTX550Ti.)

-steve

Back