Will there be Dolby Surround 5.1 support?

Curly_01

Hi,

Will there be Dolby Surround 5.1 audio support?
(Or should I consider Sony Vegas?:devil: )
It would be a nice feature especially if you would do HD editing for digital cinema. Dolby Surround 5.1 audio support THX certified is a wet dream of me.
Especially with the future releases of the windows media video codec that support Dolby Surround.

It would be nice to support also the future versions of the wmv codec?

Thank you for reading this post.:)

I agree that Dolby Digital AC-3 5.1 would be a good output codec for SpeedEDIT to support, but frankly, even Dolby Digital AC-3 2.0 would be a good start.

Note that for true AC-3 5.1 support in SpeedEDIT, there would be more than just a codec involved. SpeedEDIT's support of surround sound isn't really complete. You can control Lf, Rf, Lr, Rr, but that's it. The center channel is only a computer generated composite of L/R that you have NO control over, and the LFE is synthetic as well. There would really need to be a full surround sound panner control system, like Sony Vegas 7 has, before being able to get full surround control in SpeedEDIT.

True, but there are plenty of consumer to professional level applications that include Dolby AC-3 encoding... At prices for full systems below that of SpeedEDIT, such as the Vegas suite or some of the Ulead consumer level applications.

In professional products, one shouldn't even consider authoring with non-DVD spec codecs, such as using MPEG-1 Level 2 on a NTSC DVD.

Hola
5.1 or 7.1 would be nice, but for that you have to modify SpeedEDIT to have 6 or 8 audio channels, and the ability to assing those channels to the correct position and delay.
I think It is no so difficult to go from 4 audio channels to 6 or better 8.
The Dolby software encoding would be an extra license to pay, but I think is worth it to include AC3 support and Dolby TrueHD, maybe as a plugin or pro codec pack.

But SpeedEDIT really needs to grow to at least 6 audio channels, same for VT5.

Go NewTek!

Hola

THX would be an overkill.

For a studio to be THX certified you need a studio of the same dimensions as a Movie Theater with the big screen, Dolby CP, big and expensive sound monitors, SSL or similar mixing console, and pay Lucas an anual fee for calibration and certification of the studio.

What we really need is the 6 or 8 channels in SpeedEDIT with the correct way to place the sound in 5.1 or 7.1

Thanks

Would be a dream - would love it. Really the only thing I want from Newtek right now regarding Speededit is some sort of announcment as to it's future/status.

an announcement on the speededit product page would be nice. it wasn't updated for a long time.

maybe the 5.1 surround panner doesn't necessarily have to be thx or dts, but there should be a surround panner so sounds can be played with a 5.1 surround sound system.

Back