Who's using SpeedEDIT and what are you using it for?

I use it for everything. Everything else is just... lame, programically speaking.

I mean, how many other editors do you know of that do not require you to specify how many tracks of video or audio you want to work with? They all CARE!!!! SE doesnt. Just put your media on the generic timeline canvas and you're done. That's genius.

Many other programs require you to change timeline mode when you want to move a clip, and then change mode again when you went to cut a clip, or select a specific track to apply a fade... lunacy!

One program even insists that you tell it how many frames long you want a transition to be. WHY? Can't it just figure it out from where I put the overlaps? NO!

And one program whose name I will not mention insists that everything you want to put on the timeline be OF THE SAME RESOLUTION AS THE TIMELINE!!! AND EVEN THEN IT HAS TO 'TRANSCODE' IT!! And they charge you BUCKETS OF MONEY TO BUY THAT CRAP!!!

Newtek got it right the first time. It's sad they got it wrong now bu shutting it down. It's even sadder that no-one has built a near-enough copy if its intelligent operation.

Last edited:
I use SpeedEDIT at least a few times a week, mostly editing, compositing, LightWave integration. Checkout this composition made in SpeedEDIT for my hometown's paranormal team..."THE HASTINGS PARANORMAL TEAM" using SpeedEDITS incredible motion panning skills. I LOVE SpeedEDIT! Thanks Philip!

:newtek:​

Another cool video with tons of SpeedEDIT compositing and motion production - A tribute to Martin Luther King...Logo made in LightWave this is a grammy award winning group project - "The Sounds of Blackness"

SpeedEDIT JUST KICKS ***! (excuse my french)

p.s. I also produced the music for this song while located in the old Prince and janet jackson hangout - Flyte Tyme Productions Studios in Edina, MN

With all the motion on the stills this video would have taken way way way longer to produce on any other editor i have used.​

Last edited:
I use speededit for all my projects including just sound, help with local community theater and do a lot of custom sound efx. Also edit together songs for local ice skaters and dance clubs. ice skaters need song versions in various lengths.

Back