VT5 SpeedEdit - Render Options Gone - Reload Software?

fhsav

Hello All,
We still use our legacy VT5 system alongside our Tri-caster. I'm helping an Eagle Scout candidate with a video project that he produced on the VT5 We are all set to render, but have lost the usual rendering options. All we have left are still image sequences. I've reset the system multiple times, and still no go. I'm ready to reload the software using the original discs. Anything I should know - any tips - any potential trip-ups?
Thanks,
Evan Foreman
Farmington Public Schools

About three weeks ago, I had the same problem with my standalone version of Speed Edit. The problem showed up after an update to Windows 7. Two days ago, two more Windows 7 updates showed up and installed themselves. After that happened, everything was back to normal with the ability to render. The Speed Edit on my VT5 is also working properly. Based on what I experienced, I'm pretty sure the problem was with Windows 7, not Speed Edit. From this eagle scout I hope your eagle scout candidate is able to complete his project.

About three weeks ago, I had the same problem with my standalone version of Speed Edit. The problem showed up after an update to Windows 7. Two days ago, two more Windows 7 updates showed up and installed themselves. After that happened, everything was back to normal with the ability to render. The Speed Edit on my VT5 is also working properly. Based on what I experienced, I'm pretty sure the problem was with Windows 7, not Speed Edit. From this eagle scout I hope your eagle scout candidate is able to complete his project.

That's very interesting - thanks. I'll check this out right away. I was able to finish the eagle candidate's project by transferring all the data over to our Tricaster 455 - most of the project data remained valid, except for some cg tweaking. Best, Evan

Back