VT4 vs. VT5 Card

There is no hardware revision that I know of that came with VT[5]'s supplied card.

The VT[4] package was the first edition to use the latest and final VT hardware. VT[5] for all the packaging changes does not actually change the hardware in any way that I know of.

VT[4] issued hardware having enhancements such as preview/3rd-channel/alpha-out/genlock, 66MHz bus compatibility, non-subcard-daughter and thereby no small-gauge coax-linkage to the BoB. Also better voltage considerations and of course all of this being matched with the latest set of options to cater for the expanded connectivity when paired with the equally updated SX84 BoB. The VT[4] suite also brought about the SX-SDI interfacing expansion option.

There was a mod with SX84 that was handled (at least initially) by a retrofit hardware module on the SX84 end of things. This upped the analog output performance. This may have been during VT[5]s lifetime.

Sure, the cards issued during VT[5]s production run may have specific serial number ranges but they might equally not! I'd say the presence of a full sized original packaging box saying VT[5] would be your only reassurance that your card wasn't made during VT[4]. Adding and re-affirming that this wouldn't be anything tangible to detract from your delights as long as you had VT[5] to hand.

Lastly, if your card was registered soon enough then you'd also have a trade-in option towards a TriCaster range. Albeit that the current offer may have expired.

Ignore my comments on the small-gauge coax, they continue to be present in pretty much the same format on the SX84 and SX-SDI as they did on card versions prior to the VT[4] card (which equates to being the same as the VT[5] card). The newer card is improved in many ways but I was dreaming that it had been improved with regard to the BoB interconnect.

Back