VT-SE CG "IconXXX.png's....

tmon

These are the same files that used to be inside the neat and tidy "Newtek Info" folders, right?

What was the decision to do away with the folder and instead have them at the root of the CG pages folder?

Have you been experimenting with the "Export to Live" functions? Might be related to that ...

Not knowingly.

I was just using "Save Project As."

I don't know anything about "Export to Live."

So, you guys are actually talking about the VT's CG and NOT the SE CG as the thread title implies, correct?

But the only CG inside SpeedEDIT, or SpeedEDIT-VT, are the CG filter effects, and those don't support any "save project as" function or creating a CG pages folder of images. This is like what in VT[4] was known as CG-POST.

Believe me, I wish it was possible to save output PNGs of CG pages inside of SpeedEDIT, but it isn't.

So again, I really think you are talking about VT[5]'s CG, not the CG inside of SpeedEDIT-VT, which is only effect crouton based.

My mistake was using the name "SpeedEDIT" in this thread. Please accept my apologies. I'm new to VT[5] and just starting to get my hands dirty...

SpeedEdit-VT refers only to the NLE that is tied to the VT hardware. I now know that I must refer to various modules as autonomous entities: E.g. SpeedEdit-VT, CG Designer, Aura-VT...

I have not yet used CG Post, the title tool within the SpeedEDIT interface.

So, backtracking following my original misguidance, I was attempting to ask a question about the resultant files when using the CG Designer "Save As" function (not anything regarding SpeedEDIT CG POST). It's really not a big deal. If nothing else, I guess I learned about not confusing CG Designer with CG Post.

No problem, I just wanted to make sure we were all talking about the same thing.

Happy Holidays! :santa:

CG Designer Icons

Hi,

I've just installed VT[5] and have ran into this rather confusing list of both png files and the corresponding icons-that indeed were not there in VT[4], and let me just say wow, talk about confusing! We sometimes have 15 0r 20pages on average for a given project created in CG designer, now suddenly following a Save Project as, the folder not only contains 15 or 20 png files, but 20 icons, and 20 occurances of any JPG images used as part of those pages.

RVAN

Me too, Rvan,
I overcome this CG designer thing by saving the project with a file name that starts before the letter, "I" as in Iconxxxx. Most the time my projects are done in a numbering system, so I us "CG431" or whatever my number is and they appear before the "Iconxxxx" and that way they are kind of out of the picture. Hope this will help you.

PNG Files in Effects Folder

Thanks for the tip! On a related note, I also noticed that "png" files created within CG Designer are randomly saved in the EFFECTS folder for some reason, in addition to the intended folder. I reported this to our vendor, and will submit a bug report to Newtek as well. We have two VT[5] systems in house and both of them now have mysterious PNG files from various VT[5] saves from within CG Designer in the EFFECTS folder. All I can advise is "Delete Carefully" as this folder will eventually contain numerous unwanted png files. I've been deleting them daily to keep them under control so when I truly need something from the EFFECTS folder, it's not cluttered. Odd...?

Ryan,

I've just confirmed that PNG's have been saved to the Effects folder on one of our VT[5] systems too. Very strange.

Did you submit the bug report?

I'm having the exact same issues. When opening a folder with my pngs created in CG Designer, I have, ie, 10 png's and 10 icon "things".
And like mentioned above, these png's are also being saved to my effects folder!
Ron

Hey,

Are any of you able to repeat the unintended saves to the Effects folder?
I just tried it again, and couldn't get it to do it.

(CG Designer/File/Save As Project)

I'm doing some routine maintenance right now. I see what happens in the morning and report back. Hope I'm as lucky as you appear to be!!!!
Ron

Well "Glory Be"...my png's are not being exported to the effects folder. I don't know why...I didn't do anything different when saving and have not changed anything.
The persistent saving of these "Icon" files is a real pain!!! This must be something random for some of us lucky folks.
Ron

The Png files that appear in the effects folder are created there when you start vt5 application. I deleted all the png files, restarted vt5 and there they were. Now, the odd thing to me is, if I select just one page, only one png will be created in the effects folder at start up. If I click(select) each page before shutting down and restart, all png files from the CG designer will be there. You figure.

Bug reports have been filed.

Hi,

I have reported both the Stray png files in the effects folder issue, and the extra icons and image files when saving CG designer files. :thumbsup:

RVAN

Dear Newtek,

Dear NEWTEK,

Is there any way that a patch can be issued for 4.6 users to fix this? I'm not upgrading yet because I use Tasa's plugins, and they aren't ready for the new build yet. However, the CG bugs in 4.6 are messing me up...I've also had situations where I cannot find the .png's saved anywhere (not even in the Effects folder) until I do a "reset configs" and reboot (whereupon they are saved again in the effects folder).

Back