VMC1/TC1 interface/multiviewer to samsung 4k displays

rick_sound

hello all

i have seen this on 2 different systems now- VMC1 or a TC1 main interface and multiviewer outputs are connected to Samsung 7000 series 4k displays
on initial launch the main menu appears normal and fills the screen correctly however when the session is launched the main interface and multiviewer appear distorted or extend onto the 2nd display

has anyone else seen this? large 1080 displays seem to be harder to come by now

thanks in advance

1920x1080 displays are maximum display resolution that can be used with TC1/VMC1 (or any TriCaster model) system. I would have to imagine that any UHD display will still support HD resolutions if you manually set it to that.

Hi Kane,

I have a customer that has a 1920x1080 display for the TC1 UI, but he later added two 4k (why?!) displays for MultiView use, and sometimes the screens just go white. He says they are in 1080 mode, and I had him update the GTX 1050ti drivers and make sure the display card settings are 1080 and not 4k.

Have you seen this before, any thoughts?

Thanks

Jeff

@kenp : What I don't get here is that in the session (with VMC1) you can set the multiview resolution to 4K standards, is it a software mistake ? I tried but my 4K display (75" Sony TV) didn't manage it.

The system will display all resolutions that the monitor says it supports. However, due to GPU memory and resources a maximum of 1920x1080 is what is supported. Beyond that, I'm not sure how well the UI will scale to those resolutions. I don't have a 4K display to test with, so I just passing on what is supported.

Attachments

• IMAGE 2 (1024x768).jpg
    IMAGE 2 (1024x768).jpg
    471 KB · Views: 566
  • IMAGE 1 (1024x768).jpg
    IMAGE 1 (1024x768).jpg
    486.8 KB · Views: 497
  • IMAGE 3 (1024x768).jpg
    IMAGE 3 (1024x768).jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 485
  • IMAGE 4 (1024x768).jpg
    IMAGE 4 (1024x768).jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 434
  • IMAGE 5 (1024x768).jpg
    IMAGE 5 (1024x768).jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 477
  • IMAGE 7 (1024x768).jpg
    IMAGE 7 (1024x768).jpg
    372 KB · Views: 472
When you say Display Resolution is 1080p60, are you talking about the SESSION resolution? If so, that has nothing to do with the UI or MultiViewer monitor outputs, but rather dictates the resolution and frame rate used to PROCESS video in the switcher. No effect on the UI display at all.

Thanks

Jeff

The Nvidia 1050 TI resolution is 1920x1080 60P. Workspace resolution 1920x1080. Monitor indicates 1920x1080 60P. My show, or what you are calling the session resolution is 720P.

The last person on the thread is making me think. My session is being process 720p/60. If you compare the image sizes between 1080 and 720, and overly them, that is approximately the ratio being left off the MV display.

I think I see what is going on. Probably because of that 4K monitor, Windows has turned up the display scaling, which is causing everything on the screen to become larger.

1. Go into Administrator Mode on the home screen.
2. Then click on 'Display'
3. In the Window that open, drag the slider to 'Change the size of text, apps and other items' to 100% (you might have to do this for each monitor).
4. I would restart the system after changing this setting and see if that gets everything to fit the screen correctly.

One other place to check, this method is a bit more buried in the Windows.

Go to Administrator Mode
Go to Display
Go to Advanced Display Options
At bottom of window select 'Advanced sizing of text and other items'
Choose 'Set a customer scaling level (not recommended)'
Make sure this value is set to 100%
Click okay, then Apply
You will need to sign out and log back in again

After you do this, go back into Display and make sure that scaling I mentioned in the earlier post does show a setting of 100%.

Kane,

Thank you for your help. The system is currently traveling to a venue. We will be able to perform these checks on Monday. Will get back to you with the results.

The customer had a change in schedule, but should be setting the system up today and conducting your tests.

Kane,

Thank you, the font size setting was the problem. Font sizing was at 150%. Adjusting it back to 100% corrected the display. Please pass this information on to your chat and e-mail support staff. I know I was not the first person to experience this situation, and as more UHD displays are used, will not be the last.

Kane,

Thank you, the font size setting was the problem. Font sizing was at 150%. Adjusting it back to 100% corrected the display. Please pass this information on to your chat and e-mail support staff. I know I was not the first person to experience this situation, and as more UHD displays are used, will not be the last.

Glad it is solved! I'll pass the information on.

Last edited:
Kane,

Something we fight nearly on a daily basis with more than just TriCaster software. Windows 10 on really high resolution screens is havic on the background visual settings. You found exactly what I was going to suggest changing.

Back