Unreal Engine 4.27 flips the Rig -90 degrees on X axis how to fix this?

quakebox

Hello everybody, I have a minor issue here, after importing the mesh to Unreal 4.27 it will result in the animation clip being rotated -90 degrees on X I fixed it by importing it with a 90 degree X rotation but not sure this is the right way.

How to export and import correctly to Unreal Engine. I tried with Maya and had no issues.

Tested with LightWave 2020 and 11.6 same issue with FBX 2012 and FBX 2018.

SOLUTION:

Activate Re-parent bone heirarchy in the FBX exporter this will fix the problem.

Also import with with X set to 90 in Unreal.

Last edited:
After searching I discovered it's not a bug it's because of the coordenate system in LightWave is Y up and on Unreal it's Z up.

So the solution is either NewTek develops an option to convert to Z up in the FBX exporter or I flip manually in Unreal to 90 Degree X.

I've just now seen this post and I don't use Unity but I would have suggested that it may have something to do with the coordinate systems.

Glad you confirmed.

BTW, did you try out my clothfx solution?

Upon importing a mesh into UE4, there is an option to force x axis. It's just a tickbox, and wondered if this may fix the problem?

Upon importing a mesh into UE4, there is an option to force x axis. It's just a tickbox, and wondered if this may fix the problem?
It fixed it but I need to do extra step to insure the model and the animation clip are both up.

I import then set X to 90 then reimport the animation clip this fixes the issue.

Back