Unreal Bridge for LightWave3D by Ryan Roye

I would like to learn/use Unreal Engine. I am running Lightwave on a mac. Are all the components for Unreal compatible to run on a mac? I am not familiar with Unreal yet, but I understand that the Datasmith plugin is not compatible with mac. Is this necessary to have or does the Lightwave to Unreal Bridge tools handle everything that is needed?

I would like to learn/use Unreal Engine. I am running Lightwave on a mac. Are all the components for Unreal compatible to run on a mac? I am not familiar with Unreal yet, but I understand that the Datasmith plugin is not compatible with mac. Is this necessary to have or does the Lightwave to Unreal Bridge tools handle everything that is needed?

Datasmith is solely for the purpose of importing assets from CAD packages (as their native formats) or from most Autodesk products.

Using the Unreal Bridge for LightWave effectively removes this necessity.
If you require CAD assets and have no other way to import them into LightWave... you may need Datasmith for Unreal. (Or another application to do the conversions for you.)

Datasmith is solely for the purpose of importing assets from CAD packages (as their native formats) or from most Autodesk products.

Using the Unreal Bridge for LightWave effectively removes this necessity.
If you require CAD assets and have no other way to import them into LightWave... you may need Datasmith for Unreal. (Or another application to do the conversions for you.)

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

Back