TrueArt's Node Library issue

omichon

Haven't had any reply from Sensei so far, so I hope to be more lucky on this forum.
Whatever I try, I can't get anything but black output from any TrueArt's Node Library material nodes with LW2020.3.
Have anybody ever used those nodes ?

TAnodes.png

I only have the 2015 version of the plugin.
Just tried it in 2020, but it doesn't work there (only in 2015).

Thanks for your time, Markc. Yes, 2015 version only works with LW2015.
I am pretty sure there is a bug with TrueArt's Node Library 2020. I just hope Sensei could confirm and fix it.

Bug.
It was node leaved from NL 2015 version, in NL 2018-2020, to fix in the future..
BSDF materials are completely different in LW 2018 than in <= LW 2015.
BSDF materials must be compiled by special LWSDK global.
Older <= LW 2015 materials could be hand-made and extracted, examined by 3rd party programmer.

Thanks for your reply, Sensei.
Does it mean there is some hope to get those material nodes working in 2020 or should they be removed from the library ?
What I am after is extracting the specular from a surface to use it as a mask for the same surface.
As a workaround, I can try to export the scene for 2015, so I could create the mask in 2015 but I only have NL 2020.
Should I have both NL 2015 and NL 2020 when purchasing your plugin ?

Why don't you make duplicate of the material and set everything except Specularity to 0%?
That's exactly what I wanted to do, but AFAIK material output doesn't provide a scalar output. That's why I tried with the Split Material node. But maybe I am missing your point...

Back