TriCaster Mini HD 4

John White

My work owns a Tricaster Mini. We use it regularly for sporting events. I would like to use LiveText in Tricaster for my sports scores, but I don't see a template for sports scores in the templates that came with the machine. Is there a way to import additional templates? And where do I get them? Thanks.

Live Text 3.24 (even it´s around for a very long time now) ist still available on Vizrt download page.
I think you still can play around with it, but cannot export if you do not enter a license / SN key (to purchase item).
As far as I understand LiveText is officially EOS since Apr.2023 :unsure:, so you may have to look around to purchase a previous sold license (SN) from somewhere, and ask Vizrt Support to delete this SN from registration database, so you can register this SN on your system then.

But I´m not sure if this ´prevous workfkow to e.g. change my computer hardware for an already registered LiveText SN by NewTek´ is still something the new ´one-Vizrt´ organization does still offer.

Live Text 3.24 (even it´s around for a very long time now) ist still available on Vizrt download page.
I think you still can play around with it, but cannot export if you do not enter a license / SN key (to purchase item).
As far as I understand LiveText is officially EOS since Apr.2023 :unsure:, so you may have to look around to purchase a previous sold license (SN) from somewhere, and ask Vizrt Support to delete this SN from registration database, so you can register this SN on your system then.

But I´m not sure if this ´prevous workfkow to e.g. change my computer hardware for an already registered LiveText SN by NewTek´ is still something the new ´one-Vizrt´ organization does still offer.
Great! Thanks.

Thanks.

For a non-technical person this process is very confusing. When I tried to register the machine it gave me an error message "Registration Object Rejected". This machine is probably 4 or 5 years old, so I guess it can't be registered now? Not sure.

To verify, this is the 'Graphics' button found on the Session screen (often called LiveText)? Not the stand-alone version of LiveText (which isn't installed on TriCaster).

1714528528065.png

It's the Graphics button, but I'm pretty sure it says LiveText on it. We actually do run LiveText on a seperate computer - for unknown reasons - but the layout on that LiveText is pretty much identical to the one on the Graphics session screen. Neither version has the sports templates I'm looking for. They both have a bunch of other templates, all useless to me for keeping score in sports.

...We actually do run LiveText on a seperate computer - for unknown reasons -
reason running LiveText on a separate computer might be you can edit templates while TriCaster is within a Live session and output a selected graphic page via NDI into your production network Tricaster can use then as an input source to integrate real-time into your Live production.
This NDI Output feature is actually one of main differences between stand-alone vs. the within TriCaster integrated LiveText version.

...Neither version has the sports templates I'm looking for. They both have a bunch of other templates, all useless to me for keeping score in sports...
If you will not receive feedback on any available to purchase item(s) on this inquiry from forum, you may want to look into creating your own user LiveText graphic template to get what you are looking for. Maybe based on one of the available template files instead of starting fresh with an empty page.

Last edited:
Back