Teams in Talkshow as with Quicklink TX

abcwille

With Skype being replaced by Teams, it is interessting to know if Newtek is going to make Teams availble in Talkshow, as we see it with Quicklink.
Any plans?

Thomas

Would be great if they did add it. But with TC2 having Skype build in I don't see them doing it. By read TalkShow forum there appears to be a lack of interest in the system anymore.

So what can you do with the old Talkshow units?
We have four, and we will never replace them with a Tricaster.
Then it will be four PC/Mac with Teams/Zoom.

Skype, though facing a growing number of challengers, is far from dead; nor is there any sign yet that it is really being replaced by Teams, which is still primarily an enterprise level product. As best I'm aware, M$ is supporting calls between Teams and Skype, but that's basically it (and probably what others are talking about when they mention Teams support?)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-skype-interop

Talkshow (and Skype TX on TriCasters) can connect to Teams via Skype TX. It does have to be enabled by the Teams admins to allow for this connection (which is disabled by default).

Skype is not going anywhere. Skype For Business is being sunsetted by MS as of the end of July. MS has confirmed support for regular Skype indefinitely.

Hi @kanep I'm able to get Teams & SkypeTX to talk one-on-one, however for most of our video productions, the presenters all gather in a Teams call, and we need to pin people full screen, or look at gallery view. It doesn't seem like Talkshow allows for any of this, as it's considered an "external caller" and therefore functionality is limited.

Can anyone verify that QuickLink allows you to join the actual Teams call, and atleast have an option of viewing gallery vs Pin, etc. Thank you!

Just to mention it, you might be able to do some cool things using Teams' native NDI output support.

So what can you do with the old Talkshow units?
We have four, and we will never replace them with a Tricaster.
Then it will be four PC/Mac with Teams/Zoom.
Well in the end it is a Windows RackUnit with SDI inOut Build in. You COULD use it for many things besides being a TalkShow.

Back