TC2!!! Getting annoyed now...

rokestah

Output through 'Webcam Input' into Zoom is garbage, I know this is probably a Zoom issue, but NDI streams from the TC2 are jittery as hell.

Local recording or 'file capture' is completely borked. Stops and now actually restarts itself randomly! Having to record events on TC410PLUS in second gallery.

Considering the incredible cost of a TC2 with x2 stripe deck I'm speechless.

When will these problems be resolved?

Output through 'Webcam Input' into Zoom is garbage, I know this is probably a Zoom issue, but NDI streams from the TC2 are jittery as hell.

Local recording or 'file capture' is completely borked. Stops and now actually restarts itself randomly! Having to record events on TC410PLUS in second gallery.

Sure it's not depending on your network? I can't agree with any of your problems. Flowlessly integrating with Zoom via NDI Webcam (4x PC), NDI input (4x PC, each dual screen) and 8 NDI camera streams (2x UHD, 6x HD). Never had such problems or jitters. It's a 10GbE I am running in the studio.

is your Tricaster on a 10gig ethernet? My NDI outputs from the TC2 are jittery as hell when they leave a 10Gig TC2 and goto any other 1 gig destination. If it is a 10gig to 10gig its ok. Some janky workarounds with vlans and using the 1gig 2nd nic on the TC2 to result in 1gig to 1gig on output.

Now you have to explain your setup further more. ;-) You are connecting your cams/monitors/en-/decoders from your TC2 10GbE NIC through...what?

I have 4 (up to 7) Netgear AVLine switches connected via a Trunk-setup (the backbone is a 4x 10GbE) which manage the different connection speeds.

Now you have to explain your setup further more. ;-) You are connecting your cams/monitors/en-/decoders from your TC2 10GbE NIC through...what?

I have 4 (up to 7) Netgear AVLine switches connected via a Trunk-setup (the backbone is a 4x 10GbE) which manage the different connection speeds.
I am not the original poster. I am on a 4250 from Netgear. I have talked with Netgear and Newtek about additional configs and what not. The issue is much less noticable with 1080p and 720p etc. UHD its a fairly frequent occurrence of repeated frames and audio drops. I have tried with Multicast and single mode TCP etc.

Yeah, 1080p or less has far less bandwidth needs. Neither saw those problems on our streams.
How do you set up your switches? Have a try for the new Netgear Engage Controller software. That let's you setup (or update) all your switches at once. That might homogenise your setup. I saw that on one I set up.

I do not use VLANs at all and only use static IDs. The most common problem I regularly have to deal with are cable lengths (30m as a max, Cat. 7) or breaks.

Yeah, 1080p or less has far less bandwidth needs. Neither saw those problems on our streams.
How do you set up your switches? Have a try for the new Netgear Engage Controller software. That let's you setup (or update) all your switches at once. That might homogenise your setup. I saw that on one I set up.

I do not use VLANs at all and only use static IDs. The most common problem I regularly have to deal with are cable lengths (30m as a max, Cat. 7) or breaks.
The switch has the Spark 12Gs and TC2 on it along with a OSX laptop for graphics. Since I just have one switch I have not tried to look into engage yet. If I connect my laptop to a spark with UHD video it plays back fine no issues. If I tune into the mix output in UHD on the tricaster of the same camera I see the glitches. If I attach a 10gig ethernet to my laptop via thunderbolt then the glitching stops. Seems like something is upset between the TC2 on windows 10 and and having to step down in speed for the 1gig device. I have seen lots of discussion around this behavior on birddog groups and they have narrowed some stuff down in windows 10 and how it handles congestion in its network implementation and sadly the fixes for it were only done on windows 11.

There can be some issue going from fast to slow connections, I'm trying to remember what the training said to do to help prevent this. You probably need to make sure flow control is turned on, if it is working, then there is something else happening.

That said, we haven't done enough with our 2 Elite to experience this yet, we also have the Netgear 4250 for the main/portable switch.

Would be nice to know more about the networking setup, and the rest.

All cameras are on SDI connection, only use network for output, (Webcam input to Zoom).

TC2 is connected to university LAN, gigabit connection.

Typical University LAN with outrageous up/down speeds.

410PLUS is rock solid, on all day most days but not recording locally. Never misses a beat.

The TC2 is used for more complex productions usually 60/90 mins with remote guests through Teams and output to Zoom or RTMP plus local recording.

The Webcam input to Zoom is choppy and the local recording almost always fails, never had this before.

I've redesigned our master template so as not to use any emems in the M/E's as this would cause the TC2 to lock-up.

So as you see, I'm not a network engineer by choice which is a good thing as I don't have access to any settings/configs.

So in my mind the choppy behaviour of your TC is a result of the network connection to your university network.

As I understand it, you receive any size and content of data packages through several network layers at your studio infrastructure. That's like you allow anyone and any type of vehicle and person to use a freeway - and your TC2 (IP series at all) has to select what kind of data is useful delivery traffic (e.g. UPS, DHL or trailer truck - with plenty of goods/information) and which one is a useless information (e.g. a pedestrian - who doesn't bring a package/information at all).
And in your university network the amount of pedestrians is (usually) far above 90% which has to be sorted out by the TC/studio network peripherals.

I think, this is not ne way the TC2 was designed to work with. Try to get rid of all unnecessary network traffic - and probably you will see a better result.

Please correct me gas far as I am not that deep into It stuff, as well. 😉

I could imagine that the 410plus doesn't try to get info out of the "pedestrian"-packages due to less "ip compatibility".

just another thought, but I´m pretty sure it is.

your nework is plugded into the 1GB port on TC2, not to the 10GB ?

If he only needs 1 gigabit speeds for things, then plugging into the gigabit port on the 2 Elite should be fine.

The question is why the 460 works great and the 2 Elite does not???

What I would suggest is this, ask your IT team to monitor the usage on that port at the switch and make sure you aren't at it's maximum. This is also keeping in mind that they probably have a bunch of QOS on the switches for things like phone vlans which might be consuming enough resources (processor) to make the 2 Elite have problems. Also depends on how many feeds you are bringing in over teams/zoom, you may have just tapped out the bandwidth.

Otherwise I would say you have a hardware problem with the 2 Elite. Maybe RAM is underperforming, maybe CPU has a problem and is throttling, It doesn't sound like you are doing such a complex production that the 2 Elite should be working very hard. Set up your typical production as a test and look at the CPU and RAM resources, assuming you have the latest Advance Edition features on this device, this post says where to monitor this stuff https://forum.vizrt.com/index.php?t...manager-when-tricaster-460-is-running.246363/ Kane says it can monitor network, but I don't think I've ever looked at that part (yet).

I'm not getting involved with IT until I have to... :confused:

I see the jittery video on one of my multiview screens that is set to fullscreen (not sure what drives this screen).

Don't forget, none of my cameras are NDI inputs, it's all SDI. I can disconnect the network and still see the issue.

I just don't think it's the network as the other Tricasters in our gallery show no sign of this.

Becoming too unreliable what with emems causing crashes and failed recordings.

any chance you can run / test this session with another TC2-E hardware available around in your area, as Greg_E already thought about above of possible hardware issues with this your unit ?

If this happens with no network connection and SDI sources and outputs, you have a problem that support needs to help with. I would guess a video card issue first, then CPU (probably the socket) or power supply as tied for second. Keep in mind, power supply might be the lower voltage supplies for CPU and RAM on the main board.

We haven't done productions, but I've done days worth of constant operation in testing. This after an out of the box blue screen crash that resulted in an exchange chassis and restore our options licenses. Been fine since then but hasn't really been used and probably wont really get a workout until fall of 2025 after we do some construction to build a "small" studio for Tricaster use. This will probably become the "main" studio because Tricaster can do everything we need, especially if I can get a few extra PTZ cameras with the construction money.

Check how your Multiview are connected. I had a client using a HDMI to SDI converter on the Multiview, and that adapter was causing video playback issues. Once they remove it, everything was fine.

Check how your Multiview are connected. I had a client using a HDMI to SDI converter on the Multiview, and that adapter was causing video playback issues. Once they remove it, everything was fine.
No converters in use Kane, using x3 monitors connected directly to TC2

I've been using Newtek gear everyday since 2017.

Never had any issues that were'nt caused by our own network.

Never performed a factory reset, never had to. Maybe thats the way forward?

Does the jitter affect more than the video? (like does the mouse pointer also studder in movement?) Does the MIX video output have any jitter/studder issues or is this limited only to the Multiview displays?

Back