TC-1 and TC-2 Elite audio tally options

Weldy81

Hello All,
I'm curious to know if there any options available to use an audio tally?

I have a couple options that I can engineer myself but I'm looking to see if there is a "plug and play" type option.
I'm using a Skaarhoj external audio control surface and have reached out to them but they don't seem interested in returning my emails with anything other than ads.

Love to hear your ideas

Thanks
Weldon

Hi Weldy81,
What exactly do you mean by "audio tally"? Can you describe your use case to us to get a picture of your thoughts?
Don't forget to list your "toys" - to think about what is on your setup that might talk (e.g. send or receive information).
Best from Germany!

I think something like this ;)

Greetings from currently light white coloured (and cold) Kaufering (=typical April weather again this year over here :unsure:)

Last edited:
Let me start with that I'm not an electronics expert.

The units appear to support GPI, so possibly using a JL Cooper will work or any other TriCaster tally solution that provide a GPI like output. If you have a TriCaster model with SDI inputs, there is the 15-pin tally connector, and these units appear to also accept a voltage level connection as well. So that might be an option if you have one of those model TriCaster systems and the unit is being paired with an SDI input.

There is no direct support for those kind of units. The JL Cooper eBox is the ready to go solution for TriCaster GPIO.

If you are into a bit of development, I've used a Raspberry Pi running Node Red to create some workable GPIO solutions. You can configure Node Red to monitor the tally data of the TriCaster and then use that information to operate the 40-pin header on the Pi. Just as an example, I built workflow to trigger PGM/PRV tally for inputs 1 and 2 plus a separate LED trigger for the state of the streaming output on the TriCaster.

1713462323052.png

Back