Statues - Batman, Superman, Transformers +++

Everyone is stealing from everyone, from the dawn of time, even some aspects the Greek myth prometheus, towards another later more famous person which name I will not utter here.

Yeah, but Marvel and the Americans did a double whammy & did it to the Greeks too.

Why here's evidence of that - Thor vs Hercules:

Thor-126.jpg

...so contrary to your claims about classical European mythology bein' dead, it aint @prometheus

Seems alive 'n well and Marvel is makin' gobs of green because of it.

Yeah, but Marvel and the Americans did a double whammy & did it to the Greeks too.

Why here's evidence of that - Thor vs Hercules:

Thor-126.jpg

...so contrary to your claims about classical European mythology bein' dead, it aint @prometheus

Seems alive 'n well and Marvel is makin' gobs of green because of it.

Hercules is my hero, he saved me once, according to the myths 😁
Darnit, why this thread, it got me looking for figures on sketchfab, then downloading Catwoman and testing how well done they are etc.
I got to stop this and get me some food, though I always pick up some pitfalls in rendering and what materials is causing issues and so forth with Gltf formats.

Realtime render after downloaded catwoman model on sketchfab, forgot to throw in a subdiv modifier though, and could have fixed it more.

realtime.jpg

But perhaps I should go back to the roots and try Thor.
I need a model ofThor in the heavens in the clouds, preferably with a wagoon, and raising his arms and also shooting lightnings, among the clouds, should render that with some cloud simulations perhaps :)

Sketchfab had some free models, for fun testing purposes it will do, but I may be exporting daz figures in the end, sculpt correct and model attributes and other stuff to get my own version.

Models below are free, some is rigged, some are not rigged...

I downloaded too much today, so I can´t download these Thor models and check until a day or so, so best to give it a rest.

2.jpg

3.jpg
1.jpg

I enjoy the old Intro to Thor...

...Mind you it sounds strangely American. ;-)
Jaa..
It´s funny how they incorporate American theme camp songs sort of like, and not only that, why not build upon the colors of previous superheros to make it more clear Thor is also one of those, namely red cape, blue dress, yellow belt...if you are going to fly in the heavens, you got to have those.
This may be the more classical stuff, I posted one of these on another thread as well, since I currently got a bit stucked on looking at old classic art, then searching for AI generated images that can produce similar results.
Much of this stuff goes along with that classic Wagner music, since Entering Valhalla is so tied to that piece of music.

You can scroll the timeline and check the AI art, some is amazing, some are having their faces deformed because the AI do not fully understand how a human looks like, there´s one image there with a horse and the human on it is deformed severly in the face.

Some Nice imagery and moods anyway, I think it is the owner of that channel who used Midjourney, perhaps dalle as well to produce the art.
Unfortunately I have to say, AI generated art will not go away, there will be more demand on it and people who can use it well, it will reduce amount of artist and change the
qualifications to what skills you need.

Around 17:08 in the first clip below when the image appears that AI screwed up a bit, funny how it otherwise most of the times can create so real and good looking humans, but sometimes misses recognizing what every human would notice to be wrong.
I love Wagners music, though I really don´t like opera singing on top of it.

The Classic Thor, Painted by the Swedish Artist Mårten Eskil Winge in 1872 ..

M%C3%A5rten_Eskil_Winge_-_Tor%27s_Fight_with_the_Giants_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

I believe I saw this painting in real life in the Swedish National museum, but I was like 7-8 years then.

Last edited:
Deformed faces, either the AI thought that some people should have been borned with deformations at that time, or it doesn´t recognize how a human faces really should be.

deformed faces.jpg

Well I did something stupid today @prometheus

I bought the Journey into Mystery #83 comic book (or the actual Marvel Thor #1) in an online auction.

lf

It was really expensive - like 7000 euros?

Fortunately I'm pretty sure I can re-sell it at that price or more if I need to.

I don't think I'll hang on to it for long actually.

It was an impulse buy and I got carried away.

I don't know why I did it. Either it was the thrill of just owning a piece of history or it was your talking up and glorifying the Mighty Thor. I guess I got seduced/carried away and over-bought.

Anyways, that same item on eBay sells for 15-20,000 euros or more even in run down condition.

Next time, I won't read whatcha write, prometheus!
I think it put all these subliminal messages in my head to press the buy button.

Oh well. At least I can get rid of it if I have to. There's always a steady lineup of prospective buyers (suckers? - like myself- lol) for that item. It's sought over the Entire World.

on eBay a similar item has 108 watchers & they're asking 10,000 euros for it.

Your Mighty Thor is mighty popular guy round the world prometheus.

Last edited:
Well I did something stupid today @prometheus

I bought the Journey into Mystery #83 comic book (or the actual Marvel Thor #1) in an online auction.

It was really expensive - like 7000 euros?

Fortunately I'm pretty sure I can re-sell it at that price or more if I need to.
LfAraclWR2UfNrRMVbA8LCstCjIDdm2AxTzm21Rw%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR5aeiMKdYw[/URL]

Your Mighty Thor is mighty popular guy round the world prometheus.

:D

Seems I could have a future selling comics, myths or something.
Thor is probably more popular in other parts of the world than over here I think, I would gues that what´s not common in your country could feel exotic and exciting.
The Viking stuff has been popular quite some time for Movies, series and such.

Alexander Skarsgård in "The Northman"
Gustav Skarsgård in "Vikings"
Stellan Skarsgård In "Thor"

39-943145625d337c376a7.jpg

51tFccxr0JL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

277114355754.jpg

Nordic Myths and such, yeah..a lot you can use in Action movies, since it is based on some kind of Warrior Glorification in principle, Valhalla for the brave and such.
Tolkien when writing Lord of the rings, Was also a bit inspired I believe by the writings, the myths of Beowulf, though some historicans can point to Beowulf actually have a real origin, though highly exxagerated, and they even know who and where he came from.

I liked the British King Arthur Myths back in the days, and my favourite of all those films is still John Boormans Excalibur.

A whoman with a whip may not be that bad either, if it is for the sake of the truth..

Modern fantasy heroism, with feminism coupled with ol greek myths..
wonder-woman-lasso-poster.jpg

Captain Marvel
Jean Grey (phoenix)

The Ladies seem to have gotten slightly more attention to act as hero models for the film industry.
it sells movies, makes money, gives people a reality escape from what a real hero is, should be, gives entertainment.
To whatever extent you may compare movie fiction heros to real ones, that´s another discussion :)
For me, sometimes just tickling the imagination and provide a little escape from the mondane reality.

Last edited:
I think Scandinavia is better off than much of Europe because they didn't get conquered by the Romans & hence failed to catch 'the Roman Disease' @prometheus . Every country that was conquered by Rome, 'caught it' went onto building unsustianable Empires & in the end descended political, financial & social ruin. Just like the Romans before them. England. France. Germany. Belgium. The Netherlands. Spain. Portugal. I think what these countries didn't realize is they were subconsciously re-creating the Roman Empire & emulating their former Roman masters. But in the end, it did them all in. That's probably one reason Scandinavian culture still flourishes around the world in the form of Norse legends, etc. It left a positive legacy that others actually believe in.Whereas the other European nations colonized and enslaved other peoples. So perhaps their cultures are viewed as oppressive by their former subjects.

I think Scandinavia is better off than much of Europe because they didn't get conquered by the Romans & hence failed to catch 'the Roman Disease' @prometheus . Every country that was conquered by Rome, 'caught it' went onto building unsustianable Empires & in the end descended political, financial & social ruin. Just like the Romans before them. England. France. Germany. Belgium. The Netherlands. Spain. Portugal. I think what these countries didn't realize is they were subconsciously re-creating the Roman Empire & emulating their former Roman masters. But in the end, it did them all in. That's probably one reason Scandinavian culture still flourishes around the world in the form of Norse legends, etc. It left a positive legacy that others actually believe in.Whereas the other European nations colonized and enslaved other peoples. So perhaps their cultures are viewed as oppressive by their former subjects.

Sweden was a bit left alone at that time, norway too I think, there are some Roman influences we have, though the height of the roman Empire was collapsing around 476 AC, at that time the Viking Era wasn´t even started, that was around 750 to 1100.

I think many of the Roman influences still got here, from England, spain and other countries anyway.
I don´t think the nordic flourishing has so much to do with the roman influences or not really, we had our share of the Vatican Catholism affecting our lifes, the pagan ways, the North Asa faith rapidly was pushed aside, so our country became christian fast as many others.
Around 1527-1544, we had lands meeting,(riksdagar) and it was decided to break with the pope, so a huge reformation from Catholism to the Lutherian church.

Our Swedish king who just faught out the Danish king, created the Vasa Bible, which was the first fully Swedish translated Bible, and it was more connected to the power of the king, and the Swedish state, not the pope In Rome.

Around 1248 it is when our land became consolidated in a form we could call it the kingdom of Sweden for the first time, with special laws all over the country. ( Birger Jarl)
That guy we actually have a reconstruction on from his skeleton.

He was never crowned as a king, but as a Jarl, but he did rule and consolidate Sweden in many ways, and is also considered the founder/protector of Stockholm.
He is tributed with a golden sarkofag outside of the the cityhall, but is himself buried in a monestary at Varnhem.
His Son however, became a king later.

Birger Jarl..

b3cbc70ed090072448128b1475d93b33.jpg

Sweden was no Angel on this earth either, not during The viking Age when we in fact had slaves.
Not in the middle ages when we faught wars in Europe either.
After the times of Power of Greatness, Sweden mostly lost wars and land, like finland, estland etc, and was becoming quite poor, and Norway celebrates
the independence from Sweden.
Not until early 1900 until we started to get some equality, and voting right´s things started to get better.

The times..
Stormaktstiden The Power of Greatness (1611–1721)
Frihetstiden (times of liberty (1719–1772)
Gustavianska tiden (Gustavian time(1772–1809)
Union och ny konstitution Union with Norway (1809–1866)
Industrialiseringen (1866–1905)
1900-talets början (1905–1914)

Long before that, around 12000 years ago, it is said the first humans came to our lands, before that, there was like 3km of thick inland ice preventing this environment from being inhabited.

Last edited:
Seems I could have a future selling comics, myths or something.

...you most certainly could @prometheus. Heck, start a Thor Franchise of some sort. How about Thor's Bronto Burgers? "Made for those with appetites of the Immortals!"

Thor is probably more popular in other parts of the world than over here I think, I would gues that what´s not common in your country could feel exotic and exciting.
The Viking stuff has been popular quite some time for Movies, series and such.

...that's a mild understatment.

Apparently we North Americans can't get enough of it.

I did a quick look and the Marvel THOR franchise is about to release its FIFTH movie. I've yet to see the 1st:

And speak of the Devil, just as we discussed them earlier, it features Ancient Mythology's biggest heavyweights - Thor and Hercules

I'd say the Natives of Upper Scandinavia (and Greece) are due for some royalties x 5

Well..we are going to need some Thor´s hammers maybe.

Our highest (next to the king) commander-in-chief has urged the Swedish People to prepare for a possible War, considering the current threat with Russia.
this kind of chocked some people that he would be so blunt drastic, as there have been some change or as if they know something by their intelligence surveilance that they don´t fully tell us.

I mean, the threat has been there from day one since they invaded Ucraine, so..people are a bit confused here to why this urge suddenly pops up, like the threat hasn´t been there before.

JAS Gripen will have to do the thunder.

Putin is not afraid of taking a piece of Finland Norway Sweden.
Could he go to war? Yes.
Though, fighting ucraine, finland, sweden, Norway( and that´s just excluding other forces since Nato would be engaged if russia attack finland)...he can´t win if it was only the scandinavian forces, even less so with Nato involved., maybe do some damage with missiles perhaps, but if he does, the outcome will eventually crush the russian conventional forces.
He could use Nukes though, and win and loose at the same time, cause that´s what will happen in such case.

Putin can go two ways to reach Sweden, Norway, that is by sea and air, by land he is forced to go through finland..good luck with that if he couldn´t get in to ucraine properly.
By air, well, their air force would be shot down, missiles..yes, though some of them will be shut down as well I would suspect, not all though.

Last edited:
Back to prints, Thor.
Cult3d has a few Thor pieces, though stl so no textures, and very dense meshes for printing, so not optimal for rendering or animation, but for print perhaps.
So if you overlook the erotic content on that "hidden" site, there may be some interesting print files for printing things of "normal" use
no textures in STL files if you would like to have that unfortunately.

Real time bloom and volumetrics, STL files in lightwave is a drag, not workable if they are dense, blender handles it much better..

Edit..Ahh..forgot to activate the contact shadows in the image below, so it became way too flat looking.

realtime.jpg

Last edited:
Back