SpeedEdit 2 just forgot registration :(

mgrusin

Cartoon-based life form
My previously solidly-working SpeedEdit 2 installation is now putting up the product registration dialog when I try to start it. Even with the proper registration information from register.newtek.com, it says "key not valid" and won't start. I didn't change anything on the system (Windows 10) except the normal Microsoft updates.

Worse, the trial days remaining are 0, so I can't run it in demo mode. :(

Worse still, it's the middle of a holiday weekend, so no Newtek support until Tuesday. I guess I'll have to take some time off and relax. X(

Anyone else seeing this? Thanks! -Mike

Hopefully you've got the problem solved by now Mike, but you might try removing those latest Windows updates, reboot and try SE again (after taking that computer off the internet so M$ can’t reinstall the updates!). "Normal Windows updates" can screw up lots of things. 😡

NewTek Support as usual was stellar and got back to me even on the holiday weekend. They didn't have a root cause beyond "sometimes Windows updates break things", but they erased my previous registration allowing me to re-register, and all is now well. If this happens to anyone else I recommend opening a support ticket.

Thanks all and especially support. :)

Back