Speed edit 2.5x crashes when text page put into timeline

tonyvdb

So a strange problem has started, I have a project in the timeline and when I put in a text page under the video on the timeline and go in to edit the text Speed edit crashes. It does not matter what text page I choose (the default ones that come with speed edit as well) it crashes as soon as I go in and try to edit the page.

Thoughts?

I have also tried doing a fresh timeline with no video in it and the same thing occurs.

It do happened to me before. I suspected that SE may have some files corrupted or codec issues. Usually reinstall SE2.5 will solve the text page crash.

Well, I tried to do a reinstall over the old one but that did not solve the issue. I have speed edit 2.6x currently on my PC

Well, I tried to do a reinstall over the old one but that did not solve the issue. I have speed edit 2.6x currently on my PC

I knew that one of the 2.6 version might crash the system. Which are you use? 2013(2.6)? 2014(2.6.1/2.6.2)?

It's version 2.6.2

I am using 2.6.2 without any problem. CG run smoothly without crash.
I have notice that your system is using AMD CPU. I am using Intel's CPU. Maybe it is that cause the crash.

I have been heard about AMD CPU compatibility issues with SpeedEdit few years ago. I can not recall all the details. It might need a AMD hotfix or a special NewTek's dll to fix the problem.

** Sorry, my mistake. Your are using i7, with AMD graphics, not a AMD CPU.

Last edited:
I saw that ACross said you can contact him for a solution on another thread of the forum. Don't miss the chance to get help from NewTek.

Anybody having this issue? I still have not solved it. I've resorted to building the video project without any title pages in Speed edit, rendering the project and adding titles using another program...

What I've noticed is when using any text page as soon as I place the mouse pointer on the area with the text the pointer goes away and there is a strange box almost like it's missing the image for the pointer that needs to be used and it pops the box that says this program has stopped working select close to shut down the program.

Last edited:
Anybody having this issue? I still have not solved it. I've resorted to building the video project without any title pages in Speed edit, rendering the project and adding titles using another program...

What I've noticed is when using any text page as soon as I place the mouse pointer on the area with the text the pointer goes away and there is a strange box almost like it's missing the image for the pointer that needs to be used and it pops the box that says this program has stopped working select close to shut down the program.

My SE do not have that issues. I don't use SE much these days since SE can not hold large project well. It became very slow after I have few hundred cuts (with or without icon previews and undo feature). I remember that I have similar crashes few years ago. SE keep crashing when I use text pages or render module. I don't remember how I resolved it. Try reinstall SE (and maybe a clean Windows)and graphic card driver. I notice that you are using AMD graphic card. I believed NewTek prefer nVidia. Try SE with a cheap nVidia gforce card.

Ok, I replaced my AMD graphics card with an nVidea card and still the problem persists. I can edit videos put cuts and transitions into timeline and even render them without issue but the moment I go and add a text page and try to edit it, it crashes the program (exits right to the desktop with no warning)

Still trying to find a solution...

I hope you have your issue resolved. Deleting the NewTek.Info folder from the Titles folder has worked for me before. C:\Program Files (x86)\NewTek\SpeedEDIT2\Effects\Titles

Unfortunately that did not resolve the issue either. but thanks for the tip.

Any other thoughts? Im beginning to think its a windows 7 update that messed it up but a reinstall of speed edit has not fixed the problem.

Back