Spark Plus I/O as decoder: audio output issues

willema

When the Spark Plus is used as a decoder (Mix 1 on the output and MIX 1 = Program (V) and Master (A)), the headphone output on the Spark is way too loud. Where can you control the volume on the spark or via the browser?

Hi stp_productions, can you post a screencap? I cannot find this gain fader in the decoder UI via web browser.

There isn't a volume adjustment on the Spark decode side that I'm aware of, but there is a reference level setting. I'm not sure if that will do what you need, but you can try it.

1687786399141.png

Hi Kane, you can't really call the toggle between EBU/SMPTE a volume control.
No problem stp_productions and thanks for the tip of the Kiloview N30. I want to investigate that further, as those Sparks are quite unreliable. The Tricaster often does not find them and then the only workaround is switching once to decoder and back to encoder or vice versa.
And so as far as I know, a Spark is the only device in the world with a headphone output without volume control. Actually, it's better to call that a line out then ;-)

I've been trying to bring audio in via the line jack but when I input a source I get just a very loud buzz. HDMI input is fine but anything coming through the jack doesn't come in right. If the spec page says Line Level why does the config screen call it a mic input? Is there another adjustment needed to lose the buzz?

Back