Ship wake with HotOcean

sandman300

Unemployed Jester
Hey, I've got a scene I'm working on and I've got a couple of battleships that move fairly close to the camera. I'd like to add disturbance to the water surface from the ships movement. I made an image sequence that matches up with the ships but I have no idea how to add it to the Hot ocean nodes. Both the displacement and the surface texture.

Does anyone have an idea how to do this or maybe there is a better way. As an added Issue the battleships have side paddle-wheels.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Attachments

• Battleship_rgb008.jpg
    Battleship_rgb008.jpg
    560.5 KB · Views: 788
For displacement, you should be able to set up the image map displacement and then use a vector>add node to combine it with the existing node network.

Thanks, It seems to be working. What do you think?

Attachments

• Battleship_rgb010.jpg
    Battleship_rgb010.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 888
Woah, that is cool. I actually had considered the shot done, but I might rethink it a bit with that plugin. Hmmm. I'll have to see how much time I can devote to it. Lots of other shots not involving water.

I'm not sure what your talking about, I used the 64bit windows version. I didn't compile anything.

Although as a side note, I did drop the HOT ocean plugin from this scene because it was causing things to slow down to unbearable speeds.

I was looking for a link to the 64 bit windows HOT Ocean plug-in. Where did you find it?

*Edit-Nevermind, I got it. Was just looking in the wrong place.

Last edited:
Although as a side note, I did drop the HOT ocean plugin from this scene because it was causing things to slow down to unbearable speeds.

You could always bake the motion to an MDD if you got something you liked.

Back