SESSION CORRUPTION

RunningJedi

It seems Tricaster sessions have been plagued by corrupt sessions for the longest time. After too long a time or after extensive use the session 'corrupt/degrade' and the solution customers get is to recreate the session anew. Some of these sessions are very complicated and can take a lot of time to recreate. I thought by now this would have been addressed and resolved.

I understand we can 'backup' a session in case this should happen, but, that just seems like they are treating the result... not the problem. How much longer will you continue to let this issue persist?

I'm not sure what all might cause a session to be 'corrupted,' but it seems to me that the few times I've encountered it the problem lowed from an issue with some source or media file.

This said, while I'm certainly in agreement it would be lovely to foresee and handle every conceivable error condition, I just wanted to remark that I think a session template offers better protection than a backup. Used properly, templates are virtually by definition pristine.

Is there a way to clear the cache files that build up in the sessions so as not have to recreate the more complex sessions?

There isn't so much 'build up' of files like this in a session. The main session file contains everything for how the TriCaster session is configured. Beyond that are folders for any additional content (titles, video clips, recordings, still, etc) that you have imported and created in the project. Really anything in that folder is needed if you want to use it, there isn't anything 'cached' that you can delete it will recreate automatically.

What I'd recommend is creating a backup of a session, so that if anything does go wrong, either by accident or corruption (which I don't find to be that common, so I'm wondering what is causing it your case) you can restore it.

Back