SDK/cmd (write) access to Advanced Camera properties?

jwiede

Electron wrangler
I'm aware of how to use LWCAMERAINFO_GLOBAL APIs to obtain read-only info on camera parameters for (standard) cameras, and of the various camera commands that can be used to set the (again, standard) camera parameters. However, I can't seem to find any programatic (API or command) method that allows writing to the "Advanced Camera" properties' values.

Is programatic access of Advanced Camera properties (f.e. changing "Ray Start" / "Ray Direction" / "Depth Direction" types to use item/UV settings, assign mesh/UV map/etc. they should use, and so forth) currently doable in a practical manner? If so, how are they accessed?

I'm asking because I'm attempting to produce an automated front-end UI to Gerardo Strata's "Memory Is Not Enough" technique, in part as a means of storing the technique, before it is lost altogether.

If not currently possible, consider this a request to add programatic read/write functionality for such properties (for same reason regular cam params are accessible).

Last edited:
See metadata thread. No way to tell, because right now, no way to build lwserver.a here due to missing dependencies, thus no way to build attribute test code.

I'm not wasting further time playing "project config trial and error" just to build sample code. Shameful.

If I had to guess, probably not. It doesn't seem like they retrofitted existing native LW servers/plugins with attributes -- if they did, they didn't provide any sort of guidance/documentation regarding the servers' and attributes' relationships, synch/scoping, etc. which would be fairly critical info in "safe access".

Without ability to build even sample code, short answer is "no".

Last edited:
Back