Restore previous version of file

If you have two external drives, what are the odds both would crash at the same time?

it happens.
i had an extremely close call once.
2 drives tho'
3 drives (2 external backups is the best)

matrixdodge.png

Last edited:
And they have larger sizes nowadays for A decent price, this 18TB for 5499 Sek, and that is around 305,5 Sek per TB
converted to USD aprox 504 USD for 18 TB and 28 USD per TB.
Seagate One Touch Desktop med hubb - 18TB - Lagring - Webhallen.com

The larger TB storage you choose, the more you may save on the per TB cost.

I don´t buy western digital anymore, they are pre-formatted with FAT, thus many files that Have long names or longer folder tree´s, will be rejected, I do not have that issue with seagate drives.

Last edited:

what I still not have in place is out of this house online backups, in case of fire etc,

this is important also,
the first things thiefs steal... hardware.

i have one "essentials" in the shed.

I don´t by western digital anymore, they are preformatted with FAT,
hm, didn't know. good info.

this is important also,
the first things thiefs steal... hardware.

i have one "essentials" in the shed.

hm, didn't know. good info.
Ivé been more concerned about fire´s than steeling, currently I spenda lot of time home so it is likely they will get a hammer in the head if they try to enter, or a bajonett, or worse.
And I don´t live in the bottom area, and it´s locked at night and early morning, and the general area seems pretty calm, so far during these 25 years I have lived here I think.

But neighbours are smoking heavy and too much, and some of them seem to have no sense of fire safety in general.
It may sound cruel, but I almost wish for one older guy to pass away, his old, not in good health, and he is pesting the house with how much he smokes, unfortunately he has lived here before they started new contract rules, it is now forbidden to smoke in this landlords all rental houses, if you have gotten your rental contract later than 2020 I believe, but those before that can keep smoking and pesting the air for others.

Last edited:
well, it depends on where you live.
here, criminal theft activity is VERY high.
you'd be amazed.
Yes.. of course it does, but I only live where I live, so it´s not depending on living somewhere else, and you quoted my concerns :p I don´t care about others :D
Sad to here it is that way where you live, over in my commune, around 48 678 citizens, and there are a few areas that is a bit more exposed to theft, this commune was originally very much a kind of "villa" commune, with smaller houses, and smaller atrium houses, and two areas with those typical cement living blocks, it is in those areas most immigrants are placed and those are the most problematic with more than just thefts, but in my area..there´s been very little of that...knock on wood so far.

I don´t care about others
you have to, or i will sentence you to a day at our Activity School.
bcwLfNX.gif

Sad to hear
well, at least not much violence tho' so happy about that.
bcwLfNX.gif

unlike yes, Sweden.
kinda sad how it turned out.

"villa" commune
sounds nice. kinda like where my parents live.
uVY2fVj.gif

you have to, or i will sentence you to a day at our Activity School.
bcwLfNX.gif

well, at least not much violence tho' so happy about that.
bcwLfNX.gif

unlike yes, Sweden.
kinda sad how it turned out.

sounds nice. kinda like where my parents live.
uVY2fVj.gif
I am afraid it is to late for me my friend, by now you should now that I can never be turned from the dark side, I reckon I seek to much power...

OIP.SyT3eAhHN_whbuo1_C6okAHaEJ

Can´t say it would be fun the sentence you had in store for me, I hate kids....well, at least when they whine, cry and scream.

Yep, the violence here has gone crazy, I think most of it got totally out of place around 2010, maybe a bit earlier, during the 60-70-80-90´s, not the same by a long shot.
But..it is also mostly in the special areas, often where the segregation is, in our commune we have around 22% of at least one parent that has immigrated, if they can´t adapt, and if society can´t do a better job with where they live, how to adapt to Sweden, diversity isn´t going to work, if both immigrants and politicians, and we ordinary "native" citizens do our best...who knows, it´s not easy.

I grew up in the areas of those higher cement tower buildings, from 0- to around 7 years old, and then we moved up to a nicer neighbourhood, where people started to build villas, so we had a nice villa I wish we could have lived in a little longer, but we had to move later to another type of Atrium styled house, two floors, and a nice garden and two lakes and forests nearby.
My family originates from skåne, and västergötland, but my father moved to Stockholm and took a position as police officer, with a much higher salery over here, and I think after some years he had saved enough to start investing in that villa, my mother took care of us kids..so only his income, after I had started the first grades at school, my mother started to work by cleaning in schools.

but I need to shut the history trivia down now, and let others jump on with more restoration on topics :)
have to do dishes and prepare for a good night´s sleep, and do some backups I reckon :)

Last edited:

Can´t say it would be fun the sentence you had in store for me, I hate kids....well, at least when they whine, cry and scream.
LoL... you wouldn't survive then...
6MlUquc.gif

just today one of those small ones looked at me an inch away, and screamed, just for the fun of it.
it's ok, i'm going deaf after all the screams anyway.
bcwLfNX.gif

Yep, the violence here has gone crazy, I think most of it got totally out of place around 2010,
maybe a bit earlier, during the 60-70-80-90´s, not the same by a long shot.
yeah, they ruined it.
here it is ok. but still tons of violence in immigrant areas.
i don't blame the immigrants tho'
it is the politicians that did this. partly by very poor integration.
saving money short term. but long term, money out the window.

yeah, they ruined it.
here it is ok. but still tons of violence in immigrant areas.
i don't blame the immigrants tho'
it is the politicians that did this. partly by very poor integration.
saving money short term. but long term, money out the window.

Its many factors..in one part it is immigrants responsibility to behave..so i do blame some of them..they need to do an effort to adapt and dont turn the way to criminality...we have those that do just that..and others while asked directly..they want fast money and drugs..it's their life..their culture to be in gangs.

and one part its how well they are received or not..and what kind of neighbourhood they live in for sure.
if you are placed near drugs..violence..gangs, it will be a danger to slip in to the same..but its also mostly men with a certain mentslity.

but many need to get their act together and just behave...

my sisters wife from peru and her two brothers ..and one sister had one hell of a good attitude..took whatever job they got..and fought themself up to better jobs while learning swedish properly.
they are really good swedish citizens now I can say.
they came her around 28 years ago..and two children beaving as well and one of the girls have a nice decent jon as well...but you know that since before when discussing privately.

one part my brothers wife had as an advantage ...she married my brother..they got intergrated by living with swedes also.

on the mobile..preparing for bed..signing off.
stay safe.

but many need to get their act together and just behave...
unless they are controlled in some way, people just don't do this.
they are just "sheep" running around, with no real aim, no guidance.
we can look at Russia. same thing. people with no real aim.

good, fair education is extremely important.

and as for "white" Scandinavians,
in the 80's people wanted change.
in 2022 people want fame or money.
exaggerating.

it can't be like that
we see the result.

nice, didn't know...

I had a Windows Vista laptop that backed up my work to a JBOD structured NAS drive using the built in Windows Backup and Restore tool.

That laptop got stolen and I bought a replacement Windows 10 laptop and attempted to restore my backups onto it using it's built in backup and restore tool.

Can Windows 10 find my backups?

Can it f##k!

Up to the very minute of this post I have not been able to find a way to access and restore my Windows Vista backed up files that are sitting on my NAS hard drive.

I'll never use a MS made backup tool ever again.

Last edited:
And people are regularly putting us Mac users down...;)
One thing we DO have (if not every LW plugin) is built in hourly backups in the OS.

One thing we DO have (if not every LW plugin) is built in hourly backups in the OS.

The function is built into the Mac OS, just like File History is built into Windows. However, the challenge is recognizing the need to enable it. Hopefully this forum topic reminds us all to prepare for the worst. It will happen.

I had a Windows Vista laptop that backed up my work to a JBOD structured NAS drive using the built in Windows Backup and Restore tool.

That laptop got stolen and I bought a replacement Windows 10 laptop and attempted to restore my backups onto it using it's built in backup and restore tool.

Can Windows 10 find my backups?

Can it f##k!

Up to the very minute of this post I have not been able to find a way to access and restore my Windows Vista backed up files that are sitting on my NAS hard drive.

I'll never use a MS made backup tool ever again.
Trying to recover a windows Vista installation with a new computer that has a different newer windows 10 operative system, that is a reciepe for failure, if possible the restore should be made with the same operative system, on the same machine even.
You can´t expect a restore to work if not following those principles.

That said, it pertains only if the restore is performed on a full system restore backup, if it was a try to just restore backup documents, then I can understand the frustration.
Otherwise, try to restore from a windows vista system and not windows 10, and on to a machine that it of course can installl windows vista upon.

Back