Remote S.R.T over a LAN network

BBZ Studios

Hi All
New Vizrt forum looks Cool !

We take a TC Min 4k out to events & only use mobile phones over a LAN which works great, but sometimes we need go outside the LAN and loose the signal. Is it possible to bring in an external mobile SRT stream into the TC Mi without connecting to the WAN port on the router?

Cheers!
Joe

Hi All
New Vizrt forum looks Cool !

We take a TC Min 4k out to events & only use mobile phones over a LAN which works great, but sometimes we need go outside the LAN and loose the signal. Is it possible to bring in an external mobile SRT stream into the TC Mi without connecting to the WAN port on the router?

Cheers!
Joe
Depends on what you mean by external mobile SRT stream. Is the mobile device on the local LAN? If so, then you do not need any WAN connection for this to work, just use the local IP addresses for SRT.

I've connected Larix on my iPhone to my TriCaster all on the local network.

On the TriCaster? You can open the notification center. Or exit into Windows and from the network settings you can get information on all of the network interfaces.

If it is a phone, you need to look at the network settings on the device.

Ok, do I need to open Port forwarding on my LAN router ?
As far as I understand = NO, but...:unsure:

This is something you will need e.g. with NDI Bridge (Host Mode) to enable remote control of your TC (sitting in your local LAN) via public Internet.

Ok, Great done it! ....From the test's we have done so far NDI Bridge offers the best results! (for our workflow) ...Would like to try it over Tricaster NOW... Thank you Kane / Frank

Back