Recording buffer and sports scoreboards

Tarheel Cougar

Since this is a wish list...
It would be nice for the Tricaster to have a buffer option, to start capturing 10, 20, 30 seconds ahead of when you press the record button. I'm sure this would be huge strain on the resources, but I can think of some useful situations such as during a live event, conference, or meeting where the chairman takes it upon themself to start the meeting without waiting for a cue, and you've suddenly missed the first 10 seconds on tape.

I know its not a VT4, but something like theseSports Scoreboards would be incredibly useful for small sports production!

Wow what a great looking scoreboard

I know we would buy that scoreboard if it worked on the Tricaster. Any word on the new patch yet? :thumbsup:

Tarheel Cougar said:
I know its not a VT4, but something like theseSports Scoreboards would be incredibly useful for small sports production!

I plan on looking in to this. We have a TriCaster as well and would like to try and use our sports skins for smaller productions using the TriCaster. It depends on how similar the scripting is to the VT. I suspect it is very similar and once I get a chance to peak under the hood I'll know if it is possible. Could we get updated documentation on ToasterScript/TriCasterScript posted?

Kris

I bet you can...

tiff1967 said:
It would be nice if you could assign a fkey or a combination of keys to add to the scoreboard. Is this possible?

The scripting appears to be very similar to the Toaster. It may be possible to sneak in some "CreateShortCut" code into the template to control the text layers. You can't assign them to things like "F1" though... most of those easy keys are taking by important switcher functons.

Kris

It sure would be nice if these were compatable with the Tricaster. We do not use a VT in our production truck, and although the score plugin makes it very tempting to do so it's just too heavy and too big of a hassle to leave the studio. Using the Tricaster as a 2nd CG or by itself at smaller events with the score plugin would be awesome.

SetText() Function?

I did a little investigating today. I was able to successfully add keyboard shortcuts to the Overlay module, but the function names are not the same as the CG Designer in VT. In VT's CG I am able to update the contents of a text layer using the function SetText() followed by an Update(). NewTek, are there similar ToasterScript functions for the Title Templates/Tricaster Overlay module? Everything I tried just generated syntax errors.

Kris

I have our scoreboard Templates done

We have our template scoreboard up and running but a keyboard shortcuts to the Overlay module to add a point or quarter would be great. Paul can this be done?

Back